~2~

•Derek Hale•

Playing basketball is the one thing that keeps me popular. Just because I'm the star player so everyone wants to get to know me. The door to the music room opened but no one looked because no one cared. I was lost in my thoughts when I missed the ball and it went down a hallway. I looked up to see a girl, my age, walking down the hallway. I kept my gaze on her. She turned around and I met her eyes.

She's beautiful. I kept my eyes on her until she looked away. I got the basketball and met up with the rest of my friends. As we played, my thoughts kept directing to this one girl. She's the only thing I can focus on as of right now.

Through the rest of the school day, I couldn't focus. She was on my mind. I figured that she was the girl in the music room. As I approached the music room, I heard the soft melodies of the violin playing. I peeked through the window and I saw her. She was so focused so determined.

I opened the door and slowly, but catiously, made my way over to her. I sat down in the seat in front of her. Her eyes were closed as she was playing and her eyebrows furrowed so the crease in between them was visible. Once she finished she opened her eyes and nearly jumped. "Oh my god! You scared me!" She said.

"Sorry. I just heard you playing and thought I'd watch," I said nonchalantly.

"Okay," she said and began to pack up her violin.

"I'm Derek Hale," I said out of nowhere.

"Maelie Rogers," Maelie introduced and left the room.

Maelie Rogers. I thought. I smiled to myself knowing that I might actually have a chance with a girl that I have feelings for.

••
a/n
I feel like young derek is so sweet. like he would be boyfriend goals.... minus the beta side lmao.
-kel