~6~

Derek Hale•

Shit. I screwed up. Real bad. I feel like she saw me kick her mailbox then fix it. She's getting curious. Real curious. She can't find out. Other than that, I yelled at her. I just don't want her getting involved with the supernatural. If she got hurt it'd kill me to see her in pain. I didn't mean to answer that harshly but I don't want her getting involved with Peter. Yes, he's my uncle but there's something about him that's evil. He just has that look in his eye that just doesn't seem right. I was walking back to my house when I stopped abruptly. Someone's following me. I turned around to come face to face with my sister Laura. "What?" I asked.

"She saw you kick that mailbox," she stated. I raised my eyebrows and gave her a 'duh' look since I already figured that out. "Derek you can't ger that girl involved. She's too innocent. Too nice," Laura said calmly.

"Don't you think I know that Laur?!?!" I yelled. "The last thing I want to do is hurt her!" I could feel my claws and fangs coming out. Laura looked at me. I breathed in and out and muttered 3 words: Alpha, Beta, Omega. Once I was calm, I looked up to see that Laura was gone. I can't hurt her. I can't hurt Mae. But I really like her. I don't want to lose her. I was going to walk to my house but I decided to go back to Mae's to see if she's okay. I walked briskly to her house. I reached her doorstep and knocked on her door. After a few minutes she answered the door.

"Hi," she mumbled.

"Mae can I talk to you?" I asked. She nodded and stepped aside to let me in. She guided me to her room and shut the door. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. I didn't mean it at all I just... I don't know. It's—" she cut me off.

"Derek. I don't care that you yelled at me. I just wanna know how the hell you kicked my mailbox and fixed it so easily!" She yelled. Shit. I can't tell her.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her obviously lying.

"I saw you... I thought I saw you..."

"Are you just paranoid?" I asked. She sighed.

"Maybe I am..." She admitted. I gave her a hug and kissed the top of her head.

"We're going on our date tomorrow at 7. I'll pick you up. Dress casually, nothing special," I said and left her house leaving her with a smile on her face.

••
a/n
hi! so how are you?? how was your new year? stay safe everyone! good luck with 2016:) 120 reads??!!?? THATS INSANE!! ty guys so much!!!
-kel