~8~

•Derek Hale•

Maelie said yes. I have a girlfriend. The girl I liked since I saw her... likes me. I just have to hide her from the supernatural. If anyone sees her with the Hale family, she's a threat. As I'm walking her back to her house I notice Ennis, another alpha from a different pack, walking by. He's a close family friend. He didn't notice me so I didn't notice him. I had a firm grip on Mae's hand. I looked down at her and took in every detail.

Mae is beautiful. With her dark brown hair that falls so beautifully on her shoulders. Her bright brown eyes that sparkle. I could honestly go on forever. She looked up at me. "What?" She asked smiling. I smiled back and leaned down to kiss her. I cupped her cheeks and her hands went over mine. Once we parted I took her hand again and continued to walk to her house. Once we reached the front door she sighed. "I had fun. Thank you," she said with a genuine smile.

"I did too Mae. Thanks for being my girlfriend," I said putting emphasis on girlfriend. She laughed and we were about to kiss again before out lips touched the door swung open.

"Oh hey... Will and Mom," Mae said.

"Maelie who is this?" Her mother asked.

"I'm her boyfriend Derek," I introduced and stuck out my hand for her to shake my hand. She shook my hand and smiled.

"Nice to meet you," she said and left.

"Hey... what's your last name?" Will asked.

"Hale," I answered.

"Oh..." Will said a little hesitant then walked off. I looked at Mae who looked confused. She watched as her mother and brother talked in hushed voices. I used my super hearing to listen it. "Mom! He's a Hale! As in Talia!" Will whisper-yelled.

"He's a nice kid he won't hurt her!" Mrs. Rogers said.

"If he does I hurt him," Will said and flashed his yellow eyes at me. He's a werewolf. A beta. I blinked a few times. I looked over to see Mae looking at the house across the street.

"See them?" She started. I nodded. "Those are the Stilinski's. I promised Mr. Stilinski to watch after his son Stiles. His mother just died."

"Wow. How old is he?" I asked.

"10," she stated. "Look he's in the window watching us," she said and waved to the boy. His face expression changed as he waved back.

"He likes you," I said smiling.

"Yeah. He told me I'm like a sister to him," she said. "He doesn't have one." She took a deep breath. "I feel bad for the kid you know? I lost my dad when I was young. I was probably 5. It sucks. He's so sweet too... I just... I feel like I lost something. I mean yeah Will's here. But... it still feels like that masculine figure is missing. Will can't replace my dad he's my brother. I feel like no one's there for me," she finished, tears now rolling down her face. I hugged her. We just stood there until she calmed down.

"Mae I'll always be here for you. I have to go though. I have a curfew," I told her. She nodded weakly and smiled as I kissed her forehead.

I walked off to the direction of my house. Once I got there, I answered the door. My mother, Talia, opened it. "You're dating Maelie Rogers?" she asked. I nodded. She let me inside.

"Listen Derek. You probably already know but her brother, Will is a beta... from Ennis' pack. Ennis is like an uncle to you but he's bad news. He's not a good guy. Trust me. If he figures out that you two are dating, then he might hurt her," my mother explained and I fell short for words.

Shit.

••
a/n
hi!! ty sm for almost 200 reads!! THATS INSANE!!!
-kel