~13~

•Derek Hale•

Heartbreak. It's awful. It sucks. It's even worse when the love of your life won't talk to you. Currently, I'm in school waiting near Maelie's locker. I need her to show up. I need to see her to make sure she's healing. I heard her familiar heartbeat in my ears. Once she came into sight, she didn't even acknowledge my presence. She's healing. She's gonna turn. I'm happy but sad at the same time. I'm happy because she's gonna live, but, I'm sad because she hates me. She will never love me again, never. I promised her that I'd protect her and I failed, miserablely.

The scent from her was upset. She's heartbroken as well. When the school bell rang she dropped her books and clutched her ears. I ran over and helped her pick everything up. She didn't even look at me. "Mae, how many times do I have to say sorry?" I asked her.

"None because I'm done with you Derek. Tell me how many times you've lied to me. You've lied to me this whole freaking time! From the mail box to Ennis! Will's apart of Ennis' pack too. Now I'm not mad at them. They're my family. I kind of knew that they were lying. But you. I trusted you. I trusted you with everything! You ruined my life Derek. I was happy I really was. I really liked you too. But now, not so much. So stay away from me. Please," she pleaded.

"Mae please at least tell me that you love me. I know you do you just have to confirm it," I said.

"I loved you. Not anymore," she said and turned to leave for her first class. I sighed. I punched the locker next to her in anger. I can't protect anyone anymore. But I need to protect her. I just need to. I can't go to class. I've got too much on my mind. I was walking in the hallways when I heard the voice I dreaded the most.

"You shouldn't have brought her into this," Peter said.

"Shut up!" I yelled. I showed my eyes to him and he rolled his eyes and walked away. I screwed up. Badly.

••
a/n
so this book is ending in like 10 chapters... maybe there will be a sequel... maybe there won't 😏 ANYWAYS, ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! SO I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD DAY IF I UPDATE! have a good day!!
-kel