~4~

•Derek Hale•

I was standing in the boys locker room when I saw my Uncle, Peter. "What do you want Peter?" I huffed.

"I saw you with that girl," he said flatly.

"Okay. And?" I asked obviously uninterested in this conversation.

"You're 16 Derek. You don't know anything about love."

"Peter. You should realize by now that I'd never take advice from you. Especially about girls," I said smirking.

"Not the point Derek. What's gonna happen when she finds out?" Peter asked, now smirking.

"She won't," I said bluntly. Peter raised his eyebrows. "I won't let her. I'd never drag Maelie into this. Never," I told him.

"She will find out," Peter started. "And you will hurt her." I got so angry at his comment. I turned around and pushed him into a locker, my yellow eyes showing and my claws out. Peter's eye's widened as he yelled, "Derek calm down! Say the words! Say the words!"

"Alpha, Beta, Omega," I repeated over and over again until I was calm. When I looked up Peter was gone. I walked out of the locker room and saw the captain of the lacrosse team flirting with Maelie.

"Leave me alone," I heard her say.

"Why would I do that princess?" He asked tilting his head at her. I started to make my way over. When she didn't answer he put his hand on her waist. Maelie tried to push it off. "Don't do that. We all know you shiver under my touch." I walked faster as his hands started to move down.

"Get off of her!" I yelled at the douche. He looked at me and smirked. I pushed him then punched him in the face with all the force I had. I breathed heavily, not daring to shift infront of either of them. The jock layed there, on the ground with blood pouring from his lip and nose as he got up and ran away. I turned around to see Maelie standing in the same spot she was before. She gave me a smile as I walked over to her and hugged her.

"Thanks," she said. I looked at her and smiled. I kept my arm around her waist as we walked to lunch together. We both bought lunch and sat at a random table. I saw the jock that I punched and he glared at me. I rolled my eyes at him and directed my attention to Maelie, who was explaining a story about how music is so important to her. I looked beyond her shoulder to see Peter, shaking his head in a disappointed manner. I ignored him but I couldn't get the thought out of my head.

What if I hurt her?

I would never do it intentionally. I'm still a beta. I'm still learning. I look at Maelie. The way she talks, her hair, her eyes, everything. She's flawless in my eyes. "Derek are you listening to me?" She asked and I smiled. I leaned down and kissed her. At first she didn't kiss back but then once she realized what was happening, her lips touched mine. I pulled apart from her and she had the biggest smile on her face. The bell rang and I got up with my tray.

"I'll talk to you later Mae?" She nodded with a smile. I walked off. I couldn't stop smiling. I think she likes me as much as I like her.

••
a/n
hi!!! FIRST KISS OOOOHH lmaooooo that moment when you look back on your first kiss with the guy you kissed... i still wonder why i dated the guy in my dance class.... ANYWAYS enough of boy talk! MERRY CHRISTMAS BTW!! STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!! comment and vote!! ty!
-kel