Where Is Your Boy Tonight?

Sam programmed his number in to Annabel's phone on speed dial one, showing her with her fingers what she needed to press to call him if she was ever in any trouble. After saying their final goodbyes, both sets of angels and hunters left the hospital and headed back to the motel. Dean sighed and packed most of his things up, throwing his bag towards the door.

"I guess we should head out of Massachusetts and start tracking the bastard, right?" Sam and Gabriel exchanged nervous looks.

"Maybe me and Gabriel should track Lucifer by ourselves and you and Cas should go stay with Bobby for a while." Dean almost looked hurt and he took a defensive step forward.

"Why?" Gabriel rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, Dean, you know why. Lucifer is out to destroy yours and Castiel's baby, it would be flat out stupid for you to bring it right to him." Castiel timidly reached out for Dean's hand.

"We have the Nephilim Sword, as long as Lucifer doesn't get his hands on it the baby and I will both be fine." Dean gave his hand a squeeze and turned to look at him.

"Cas, I really need you both to be 100 percent safe though, Sam and Gabe are right about that much. I want you to stay with Bobby for a little bit, and I'm going to go with Sam and Gabriel to save Delores, they'll need me." Cas's hand fell from Dean's and his eyes filled with an unreadable expression.

"You aren't coming with me?" Dean shot him an apologetic look and then turned questioning eyes to his brother. Sam mouthed "I really think you should stay with Cas", but when Dean turned back around Castiel had disappeared.

"Way to go genius, you hurt his feelings." Gabriel grumbled, earning a warning glare from the elder Winchester. Panic suddenly seized Dean and he dialed Bobby's number.

"Whataya want, yah igit?" Hearing Bobby's irritated tone made Dean hope that Castiel had already gotten there.

"Is Castiel with you? He just left all of a sudden and I wanted to make sure he hadn't done anything stupid…" Dean could practically hear Bobby roll his eyes through the phone.

"Yeah Ol' feather-bag is sulking in a corner of my living room, won't tell me what's botherin' em just that he was told to come here." Dean's face heated up in anger and he asked Bobby to hand the phone to Castiel.

"Yes, Dean?" Dean's resolve almost faded at the sad sound in Castiel's voice, but he choked it down and decided to get everything off of his chest.

"Don't you ever do that again! Not while you're…listen, next time I tell you to go somewhere I will drive you, do you understand me? There is no telling what poofing from one place to another could do to the kid and I'm not gunna risk it!" He rambled, expressing attachment to the small being he helped create for the first time since finding out the news. Castiel was speechless for a few moments, unable to think of the right words.

"You're worried because…you love it?" He asked, trying to figure out what was going on inside his hunters head.

"Yes, Cas, that was the whole reason for me sending you away in the first place. You may not understand, but I never thought I'd get to be a father, and now that I am one I am going to do everything in my power to make sure the kid and the man I love are safe." Castiel smiled, feeling considerably less sad but still a little left out.

"Just…come back to me in one piece, Dean." The worry in the angels voice made Dean's heart swell. Every bone in Dean's body was telling him to stop fighting the chick-flick moment that was itching to come out, but he was feeling insecure about it since he knew Sam and Gabriel were listening. His voice dropped low enough to where hopefully only Castiel could hear him.