MTMR chapter 8

Chapter 8*

February

"Alexandria Biersack, you better get your *butt* out of that bathroom now!"

Ah, this brought back memories of dress searching for my homecoming. Except, this time Sammi was yelling at me and my mom didn't cuss. But still, it brought back the feeling. And that one time when Andy and I went to Scout's movie premiere and I didn't want to come out of the changing room. Man, I liked to hide behind closed, locked doors a lot.

"Why?" I wondered loudly. "I don't want to go! I hate shopping!"

"Because it's a time to hang out with your friends and JUST your friends," Lexi argued. "No Andy, no babies, and no band."

"But I like all those things!" I yelled, leaning my forehead on the bathroom door.

"Too bad!" Sammi yelled. "We're having a girls day."

"Yeah, come on, Z! I came out here just for this today!" Scout lured.

"You live ten minutes from here!" I countered.

"Z, please?" Scar begged. I hated it when she begged; I always gave in. "We just wanna spend ONE day together. Then, tomorrow, we'll have an 'everybody' day and you don't have to shop."

"Scar," I sighed, "I honestly hate when you beg me and use your innocent voice. It gets me every time."

"Oh! So you'll come willingly?" Sammi asked excitedly.

I groaned. "Yeah, I'll come willingly," I stated reluctantly. I hated it that I always gave in when it came to my friends. Talk about peer pressure. Bad Zandy.

"Yes! Now get ready and meet us downstairs in five," Sammi called through the door. "Thank you Scar, it works every time."

The girls laugh and I nearly ran out there to strangle them all. I knew they had planned this, those little meddlers.

I groaned, rubbing my face with my palms, and sat on the counter. Today was Valentine's Day and it was decided that all of us would not be spending it with our respectable spouses/fiancés. It just seemed a bit too out of character for us, so we decided to hang out in our gender groups. Today Scout was actually joining us since she had the day off from her latest project.

I finally gave up stalling and pulled out my makeup bag that was filled with such different products than I was used to using. Gone was my kohl liner and dark eyeshadows. In was the sparkly cream shadows and bright eyeshadows. It was so weird to look at myself in the mirror now, but it was oddly comforting, like I was always meant to be like this. This bright, bubbly, happy, vibrant woman and mother, not the dark, gloomy, aloof, moody teenager that I still technically was (at least the teenager part). It just seemed right to me.

I limited my makeup today to orange and red mixed eyeshadow, a thin line of liquid liner and my top lid and mascara on both my top and bottom lashes. The color combo actually went really well with my flaming hair and porcelain skin. I don't know if I've said this before, but I really love the new look. Plus, my wardrobe had even changed slightly, and I was embracing my body more. I was really coming out of my shell finally.

Today I had put on slim fit To Write Love On Her Arms shirt, black and white striped tights, denim shorts, white Doc Martens, some of my jewelry and a white sweater with 'LOVE' written across it. I was actually helping to spread the word of The Love Movement and they were going to make me a spokesperson soon, so that was good, I had always been against self harming and helping people who did, and this was a way for me to help a little more than just my speeches.