MTMR chapter 10

Chapter 10* 

August 27th

"Baby, does your back hurt?" Andy asked as I walked into the living room. My back was killing me and I was having some serious contractions. I knew I would probably go into labor today; it was already a week after little Ben's due date. 

"Yes, a lot," I bit out, having another contraction surge through my abdomen. This was definitely my least favorite part of being pregnant. The labor was killer and the birthing part wasn't any easier. I missed the contractions at that point. 

"How far apart are your contractions now?" he asked, concern lacing through his voice. 

"I don't know," I breathed out, finding relief. "Fifteen minutes." 

"You think it's time to go to the hospital?"  

I nodded. "Yeah, because once my water breaks it'll only speed up." 

"Alright, let me call Sammi and Jinxx and see if they can come along to help with Ali and Jr." Andy pulled out his cell phone and put it to his ear. He told me to sit down as he went upstairs to grab our bag for the hospital stay. 

I was glad we had kept the infant car seats from when the twins were babies so I didn't have to go out and buy new ones. The same went for the stroller and all that good stuff. Sammi and Scout did throw me a baby shower this time, though, and I got a bunch of clothes and necessities for my baby boy.  

Andy was back down in a flash, just hanging up with whoever he called.  

"Jinxx and Sammi are going to meet us at the hospital and they're going to take Ali and Andy home tonight," he informed me. I just nodded and held my hand out for him to help me off the couch. 

Andy had to get everything out to the car himself since, as we were going through the door, another contraction hit and I doubled over. He got the babies buckled in and my bag out to the car while I recovered myself. When I could finally stand straight up, I waddled out to the car where my wonderful husband helped me into the passenger seat. 

The ride to the hospital was calm and filled with music, except for the two contractions I had on the way. They were getting stronger and lasting longer and closer together. I knew that that meant I was getting closer to being ten centimeters dilated and that I was going to have this baby soon. They were still ten minutes apart, but they were a half hour apart just two hours ago. 

I sent out a forward text to all my friends and family since my therapeutic breathing did not allow for a phone call. I posted a similar message to Twitter and Facebook and whatever other social networking site I was signed up for.

-Benny's coming! Heading to the hospital.

When we got in the parking lot, Jinxx and Sammi were already there. They got their godchildren out of the car while Andy helped me. He slung the bag over his shoulder and helped me walk. 

Jinxx and Sammi hugged us in greeting. Both my angels were still asleep after they knocked out in the car. We headed into the hospital and I was greeted by Dr. Mathers, who was coincidentally talking to the girl at the front desk. 

"Oh, Zandy, I was wondering when you would come in," she greeted with a smile. "A week overdue, no?" 

"Yeah, this kid is stubborn," I joked. "I've tried everything to get him out." 

The doctor nodded at me before turning to the nurse at the desk. "Do we have any room in L and D?" The nurse quickly typed something in and nodded, showing the screen to Dr. Mathers.  

"Alright, right this way, guys," she said with a smile. We all followed Dr. Mathers to the elevator after I insisted that I didn't need a wheelchair. I actually preferred walking when I was in labor; it made me feel better for some reason.