Chapter 6

(Image of Vincent and Amanda)

It's been a week since the ball and I still can't get that bloody girl out of my head. I'm trying to convince myself it's because she's the one girl I want and can't have. That's the reason why I can't get her blue eyes and soft smile out of my damn head. It's going to consume me until I talk to her again, or at least see her. I don't know what's happening to me. I've never cared much for them but when I heard her laugh, saw her eyes light up, and saw her Husband just leave her there alone with a mystery bruise on her perfect skin it made me want to help her. Not just fuck her and I don't know how I feel about that.

"Vincent we should go out for lunch" I hear Amanda say

Shit I forgot she was here

"I thought you had left" I say not turning to her, I pour myself a cup of coffee and when I turn around she's right in front of me

"Thanks, so kind of you" she smirks taking my cup from me and bringing the rim up to her lips. Her dark hair is placed in a messy bun and her eyes are sloppily lined with eyeliner not washed off from last night, speaking of last night when did I let her in?

She walks away swaying her hips and bum which are hardly covered by my T-shirt "I told you to stop wearing my clothes" I scold leaning against the granite countertops of my penthouse

"My clothes were dirty" she shrugs taking a sip of my coffee

I roll my eyes and turn around to pour myself another cup "what's up with you, you've been even more grouchy than usual" she complains

"Nothing" I snap

She rolls her eyes walking over to the balcony glass door that looks over the early afternoon ruckus of the city fifty stories below.

I stare over my expensive apartment, decorated to a T. My Father made sure to hire a interior decorator to make my home look like a million bucks, which is how much it costs. A counter with a stainless steel sink is in front of me attached to a bar with simple wooden stools. Over that sits my living room, two white couches are placed on a cream coloured rug with a glass coffee table in front. It over looks the other buildings with a 60 inch flat screen to watch whatever I desire, a long balcony lines the glass wall. Around the kitchen to the right is a small dining room and behind that is the laundry room. I hardly have any pictures or anything else on the walls, just plain.

I take a sip and set my half cup of black coffee down and walk across the the living room back into my bedroom. It's darker back here, only one window, but I like it, it's somewhat calming. My bed is messily made with the dark sheets and comforter. Articles of clothing from last night are thrown aimlessly around the room, most of them on the floor. I walk around to my walk-in closet to grab a pair of jeans to throw over my boxers. It's nice to wear something other than dress pants.

I can't stop thinking no matter what I'm doing, even fucking Amanda didn't get my mind off Adeline. Her life is just so confusing, why would she stay with him? Does he have something on her? Were they ever in love? What's keeping her with him? I just don't know and it bugs me. She's so sweet and innocent unlike the other sluts that I've gone for, she not like the others she didn't look at me like I was something to eat.

I shake the thought away and walk into the large bathroom, I run a hand through my hair and fix the mess Amanda made of it. I lean against the counter staring in the mirror. My eyes are tired and my stubble is getting a little too long.