Chapter 34

Vincent POV
I chuckle sending my inappropriate text and placing my phone back in my pocket. I smile and try to refocus on the messed up paperwork in front of me but thinking about that text and that shower last night I'm having a lot of difficulty. I take deep breaths, even though I'm feeling myself grow at the thought of her creamy, perfect-

The large doors to my office opens and I look over, rolling my eyes at who I see "Uh-..sir?"

"What George" I growl, turns out I can't fire him, he has to intern here for eight weeks but I'm making sure he knows how much I really don't like him

"Your Father, Mr.King, wanted me to remind you about your charity event tonight" he says, hardly taking a step into my office, his hands clutch to the oak door

I roll my eyes, I guess I can go. I haven't been to an event in a while and it wouldn't hurt to get more awareness about the new software update from my company to other computer buyers. But the main reason would be Adeline's going back to Theo today, I'm going to have to keep myself busy or I'll be worried all night.

"Fine give me the information" I say already out stretching my hand, waiting

George's eyes widen and he nods slipping out and over to his desk, I presume. He walks back in and shakily hands me a notecard with the when, where, for what, and who's running it. I nod in thanks and scan the card. He leaves moments later and I set the piece of paper down.

Scanning over the paper work I've been able to fix most of the errors and I hope to fax this over to the buyer by the end of the day. I check my watch to see its already five, I can finish in thirty minutes.
*
After rereading the contract I send it off with an apology and thanking them for there business. I receive an email five minutes later sending there gratitude and appreciation for my product. I turn off my computer and head out of the already empty office, I check the time, turns out I stayed till six fifteen. I shrug knowing I have until seven thirty to get to the event.

I pull my phone out of my pocket just as I reach my car, expecting a text from Adeline. I frown as I settle into the leather seat to see a blank screen, maybe she went back to Theo and hasn't been able to text back. I sigh, shrugging, and start up my sporty silver car. I drive back to my penthouse, faster than usual, hoping maybe she's still there.

Pulling up I stare across the parking lot, trying to see if her cars still here but all I see are the most expensive and shiny cars, mine included, but not hers. This deepens my frown and my heart hangs heavy, wishing I could have seen her at least once today.

I climb out of my car and look around, when I'm with Adeline I usually forget about the other...attention I get but when I scan the parking lot and when I get in the lobby I see many women's eyes on me, scanning my face and body. I can't believe I used to like this kind of stuff, I used to crave this attention, search for it. If I didn't get it I'd find it easily, the women would fall into my open arms with open legs . I shiver at the thought, how can anyone be like that? I'm just glad I found Adeline, I'm actually happy now, before I was just...entertained.

I ride the elevator up to my floor and slowly walk down the long hallway to my door. I pull out my phone again and check any messages, still not having any from her. I sigh and when I go to unlock my door I notice it's already unlocked. My eyebrows pull together and I tilt my head, maybe she is here. I don't see her leaving it unlocked.

I push open the door to see a dark apartment, the sunlight no longer shining in through the windows, the moonlight faded out by the bright city lights streaming in through the glass, casting shadows across the room. I walk in deeper, flipping on the switch and watching the area brighten. I walk in slowly, looking around getting a weird feeling.