Chapter 10

I wake up with a painful kink in my neck "ow" I whisper

I sit up and to see the book on the other side of the bed, I pick it up and put it on my nightstand. I stretch and yawn, memories of yesterday's events flood back to me and I can't help the smile on my face.

A knock on the door makes me break out of my flashback "yes?" I call out pulling the warm covers up higher

"Señorita?" Sofia says popping her head in

I smile "good morning" I run a hand through my messy blonde hair and shrink back against the pillow

"Good morning, how was your lunch yesterday?" She asks

I smile "it was good, I ran into a...Friend and we got some coffee and dinner" I tell her

"That sounds great, Mr.Taylor is having breakfast in the dinning room...he asked that you meet him in there" she says opening the curtains of one of the windows allowing the light to stretch across the floor

My shoulders shrink "oh..." I say "is he in a good mood?" She stays quiet "ok" I say quietly and pull the covers off my body

I stand up and walk in the bathroom, I brush my teeth and fix my hair, I cover myself with my robe and take a deep breath. I walk back into the room to find it empty, my stomach growls and I sigh. I step out of my room and look down the long hallway of bedrooms and other useless rooms.

I walk past my husbands room and down the stairs, under the stairs is an arch that leads to another hallway into the kitchen and dinning room, behind that is the back stone deck that over looks the garden.

I walk past the kitchen and wave at our Chef, Edgar, he waves to me with a smile and goes back to cooking something that smells amazing. I usually eat my breakfast alone at the bar and watch him cook. He doesn't talk much but he's nice and gives good advice, surprisingly. He's in his upper thirties, he has dark hair and skin, his pearly white smile is kind and always plastered on his face. I look down at my bare feet, all the servants, cooks and maids know about Theo, they have to...I'm almost embarrassed to look at them, I wonder what they think of me? Is all of it pity or do some think I'm pathetic?

I shake away my thoughts and walk into the dinning room. A table fit for twenty is on a large rug placed on the expensive hardwood floor and my Husband is siting at the very beginning, food platters laid out in front of him, behind him is a huge window letting in the morning sunlight "come in" he gestures holding his knife and fork and waving them to him, he then goes back to cutting and eating. He's already dressed in a fitted suit and hair spiked in the front, as I walk closer to him I can already smell his after shave.

I walk further in the room and take a seat beside him tightening the bow on my robe "good morning" I say starring down at my plate

I spoon some fruit, eggs, grits, bacon and a waffle onto my plate and pour some orange juice, I'll have to thank Ed for this later. We eat our breakfast in silence, my heart races in suspension, what does he know? Did he find out I was with Vincent? Did he talk to him?

"I called you" he says breaking the silence

"What?" I ask being broken from my thoughts I look up at him, his face hard as he leans back in his seat and stoops down, his blue eyes staring into mine