Chapter 19

I slowly start to wake up from my sleep, I feel a warm body hugging mine tightly and I smile against it. My eyes slowly open, the light from a small window in the corner cascading the morning sunlight across the bed and myself. I see a naked chest by my head and look at the toned muscular build. The skin, soft and kissed by the sun, the covers wrapped around the elastic band of boxers and a deep V muscle disappearing under it. I look up to see Vincent, his brown eyes glow with the sunlight shining against his face, showing every golden line in his detailed irises, he stare into mine and a small smile lifts his lips. I smile groggily and lay my head back down on his chest hugging him tight and pulling myself up. I could get used to waking up next to him for sure.

I tilt my head in confusion and jolt up to look at him, his smile falters a little but I lay back down on his chest with my eyebrows knitted together as memories of last night replay through my head. I tense up remembering it all and hug him tighter. I know I should flee and get out of here as soon as I can...but then I remember what he did for me and what he said to me I feel like I can't leave.

I bite my lip and close my eyes feeling more tears sprout from the flood gates. Vincent seems to know what I'm doing because he hugs me and pulls me to lay on top of his body. He looks down at me with a small frown "try not to think about it" he begs softly

"I can't help it" I tell him knowing I have to go back to the man I wish I never had to see again

"I know" He hugs me and I lay my head back on his chest, while he rests his on the top of mine, kissing my forehead

We lay like this for a few more minutes, neither of us speak, I listen to the soft sound of his breathing and the rise and fall of his chest. He runs his hands under my shirt and up and down my back, making my mind go blank and body go slack with relaxation. Chill bumps spread across my body and combined with his warmth and the safe feeling in my heart I almost fall back asleep.
*
Turns out I do fall back asleep, I don't even remember when but the next time I wake up I'm sprawled across the bed alone. I sit up and look at the clock, my eyes widen when I see its already two o'clock, that's the longest...and best I've slept in forever. I sigh and pull the covers into my lap as I look around the room. It's dark, besides the small window letting the early afternoon sun, the bed has dark sheets and covers, the walls are dark, furniture dark...and in some way it's still inviting, because it screams Vincent. I smile to myself and fall back on the bed, I inhale deeply and his addicting smell smothers my senses from the sheets, I bring his T-shirt up over my nose and inhale again, feeling my head go fuzzy.

But where is Vincent? I don't hear anyone in here? Did he just leave me here? When did he leave? A small crazy side of me fears he might have went and gotten Theo to bring me back but I shake my head knowing Vincent wouldn't do that. I get up from under the covers and pull up the low hanging boxers that I've already rolled two times, my mind goes to when he saw me in this, he looked stunned and his eyes were glued to me...they looked- I cover my face wishing I wouldn't blush so easily.

I remember how he hoisted me up and helped me in the bath, how he washed my skin of any remnants of Theo's touch. That is probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, the way he looked in my teary broken eyes made me feel like he stared right into my shattered heart and soul. He doesn't just see what's on the outside he really sees what's inside of me, that might be corny but it's true. His touch made my heart stitch up in a few places and his loving words made my frown turn up in just the slightest way. He actually wanted to help and wanted to know what happened instead of telling me to suck it up. I'm afraid of what I'm feeling right now, I thought I had felt this a long time ago with Theo. But this feels different, it feels real. My heart won't stop beating, my brain won't stop saying and repeating the words, and my soul won't stop screaming the name of who this new feeling is caused by.