Chapter 8: Digimon Hurricane Touchdown

It was two weeks after the defeat of Digimon Kaiser. For the time being, peace was returned to the Digital World.

Daisuke, Miyako and Iori were in on a beach in Chiba playing volleyball. They worked hard and they deserved the break.

*Flashback*

Many things had happened during their journey to go all out to defeat Digimon Kaiser. On 3rd August they encountered the ghost of Wizarmon, a fallen friend of Tailmon during Vamdemon's invasion, left them important messages in terms of their upcoming mission.

"The enemy is not who you are fighting now. There is a far greater darkness. The darkness could not be fought off with their current power. To return the one who has fallen to the darkness back to their true self. Kindness will release the golden light. Kindness is not enough. You need the golden light."

That was the Digimental of Miracle he meant, the Crest of Kindness turned into a Digimental temporary giving V-mon a new armour evolution to Magnamon.

Yamato, Koushirou and Jou put aside their differences to go on a camp together just to cover for them and act as the contact point should they require their assistance although they never talk about anything outside Digital World.

Daisuke was left out when the rest went out to search for the base as his Digimon could not fly in Dark Tower controlled area and was forced to wait. Nevertheless he done a good job to figure out the use of the moving island and he managed to rescue the Digimon imprisoned in Digimon Kaiser's base.

Wormmon was sacrificed in the process when he gave his power to his friend, V-mon to defeat Chimeramon, Digimon Kaiser had created. Kaiser could not control it due to the dark power of Devimon.

Digimon Kaiser was not the real Ken-chan. The real Ken-chan was the kind Ken-chan. Wormmon begged Magnamon, his old friend to save him. Chimeramon was finally defeated with the remaining power Wormmon had given to Magnamon.

Ken thought that if he lost the game and was deleted, he would just go home, reset the game and he could start all over again. He was wrong. It hit him for the first time that Digimon was not a game and Digimon, like them were living things.

"What... have I done?" Ken cried as the costume of Digimon Kaiser was deleted gradually returning Ken back to his old self.

Daisuke mentioned that he heard the voice of the Crest of Kindness. "It said it wanted to return to its true owner." The Crest of Kindness Daisuke was holding, went back to Ken.

"Because Ken-chan is kind." Ken took his weakened partner Digimon into his arms.

"Goodbye, Ken-chan."

This was the very first time they witnessed a Digimon's demise. Daisuke was affected and Ken was devastated. He did not come here to relieve the feeling of losing a closed one. Hikari teared up. Daisuke advised Ken to go home recalling how sad his parents looked to find him missing.

"There are people who are worried and they are waiting for you." He shouted and they watched on sadly as Ken left the area.

*End Flashback*

Everyone got back to their usual lives. While Daisuke, Miyako and Iori were having their holidays in a beach, Takeru and Hikari headed to New York to visit Mimi. With the power of the D3, traveling to another country wasn't much of a problem.

"That would do." Mimi finished her e-mail.

"Daisuke-kun will definitely get jealous when he sees these pictures." Takeru said snickering. It was obvious to everyone that Daisuke had a crush with Hikari by now.