Chapter 10: Feeling of Loss

"Hey you!"

An elementary school boy with huge brown hair and a blue band looked up to where the voice came from. A boy with blue spiky hair in spectacle came to him. The boy felt annoyed. He just want to be left alone like he always was, alone. The ball he had been holding was bouncing on the ground he wondered since when. The boy with blue spiky hair stopped the ball from bouncing with his feet.

"Why don't you play with us?" He asked the depressed boy. "I heard what Hideki-kun did to you. He was just sour because you play better than him." The boy explained. "I had been watching you and I know you are really good in soccer. We can take Hideki's team down together."

"My name is Ichijouji Osamu and what's your name?" The blue haired boy asked.

"Taichi... that's the only name I know." The boy with the huge brown hair forced his words out. "I don't remember my full name."

"Are you suffering from a memory loss?" Osamu understood. That was why the boys in the neighbourhood picked on him.

"Let's make new ones, then. What was past is over, you can't create them but we can create all kinds of futures. Let's create new memories together!" Osamu extended his hand to the boy, Taichi for a handshake.

"Together?"

"Yeah, together! Let's be friends!" Osamu said. Taichi paused for a moment.

"Friends?" He took his hands.

The teenage boy with a huge brown hair, now known as Takenouchi Taichi woke up. He found himself dozing off in Shikansen (bullet train). "It's just dream." He was on his way back to Kyoto where he was residing now. Ken had yet to wake up when he left Ichijouji's residence. Taichi looked out of the window continued his thought about his dream.

After they became friends, Osamu introduced him to his family, Mr. and Mrs. Ichijouji and his little brother, Ken. Osamu, Ken and him often meet up and had fun together. The three of them especially liked to play soccer and Taichi appeared to be the best in it but was eventually defeated by Osamu had had seen through his moves. Things changed when Osamu met with an accident one day and died. It was a heavy blow not just to the Ichijoujis and he himself too. He had lost his only friend. His heart ached. It felt that it must how it feel like for his forgotten family to lose him if he had one. If only he could remember.

"Oniichan." Ken cried turning to his back. He thought it was his brother who had came back. The funeral of his brother just ended.

"Takenouchi-san..." Ken addressed him in disappointment. Taichi was just adopted by the Takenouchi family and he was going to move away to Kyoto.

"You can call me Taichi just like before." Taichi said to the broken young boy. Somehow, it felt natural to him to be an elder brother and naturally he was protective over him.

"You can always call me as and when you like. I'll visit you as and when I can." Taichi pulled up his protective charm with the symbol of the sun and put around Ken's neck. He hoped that the protective charm would give him the courage to move on like it did for him.

Ken had shunned all his friends away since then.

The next time Taichi saw Ken, he was no longer the kind Ken he had known. He was about to call Ken when he saw him on his way to visit the Ichijouji's. Ken kicked a cat right in front of him to his horror. The cat flew a distance away before landing in with a thud whimpering in pain.

"Do you know what you are doing, Ken-kun? It's alive."

"Really? I don't think it'll die from it. The cat should be honoured to act as the ball for my practice, Takenouchi-san." Ken replied in a sarcastic tone.