Chapter 14: The Last Digimental

It was a Sunday. The Chosen Children decided to have a day off from the trip to the Digital World to rest themselves and their minds after what they had been through for the past few days.

Takeru was building bricks with Patamon. He sighed in boredom leaning against his chair after he finished. He was tired and it was good to have some time off once in a while like this. Patamon on the other hand, was irritated by the smell of the wood.

"Ahh Choo!" The bricks collapsed.

Hikari and Tailmon were reading a storybook together and Iori spent the day training his kendo with his grandfather in the dojo.

Miyako was enjoying from the massage service rendered by poor Poromon who was tired from all the bouncing on her back. From that event, Miyako got to know more about Hikari. She did not know much about her before that.

"I didn't know she has a brother like Takeru-kun. I admire Yamato-senpai as he is so cool, decisive and he led the Chosen Children to victory and save the world." Miyako spoke her mind quickly as usual. And Poromon a little more to the right."

"To the right?" Poromon was panting and sweating bouncing on her back.

"I wonder how Hikari's oniichan is like?" Poromon watched her as she started her fangirling again. "Ahh... this is paradise..." Miyako continued to enjoy her massage.

As for Daisuke, he was stuffing himself with all the tidbits he could find on his day off. Chibimon was reading his D-Terminal for an e-mail he just received.

"Daisuke, you ate too much in the morning." Chibimon said just to tease him.

"Chibimon, you too. I'm going bankrupt this month." Daisuke complained rubbing his bloated stomach. It appeared that Chibimon was a glutton who left quite a number of leftover empty cup noodles waiting for Daisuke to clear them.

"Daisuke, there's an e-mail from Yamato asking you to meet him in the computer lab." Chibimon said.

Daisuke who had just opened another pack of chips and was about to eat, blinked in surprise.

"Huh? Why today?"

"You asked to meet me?" Yamato met up with Jou in a fastfood restaurant.

"I'm sorry to ask you of this all the sudden. Mimi-kun had e-mailed me last night. I thought of you as I'm not sure if I should tell Koushirou about it." Jou fidgeted struggling to get his words out.

"What's the matter?" Yamato took a sip of his drink and asked. Usually Mimi would confide in Jou on the happenings she had encountered in the Digital World. It was just sad that they were not united enough to keep everyone posted which was why their information was scattered everywhere.

"Mimi-kun told me her experience in that dimension in her e-mail." Jou began.

"Did she have a nightmare? Now I feel bad about it. Unlike us who were together, she must be scared stiff being stuck alone by herself. "

"No, she wasn't alone. There was someone else with her." Jou looked Yamato into his eyes.

"Someone else? Who?"

"This is the thing..." Yamato's eyes widened after hearing what Jou explained what Mimi had told him in the e-mail. Yamato stood up and slammed his hands on the table. His face was darkened and he looked serious.

"You've got to be kidding me."

Yamato and Jou decided to check the Spiral Mountain out for any clue they thought they could have left out. As they could not open the Digital Gate without a D3 and they did not want to alert Takeru and Hikari, the best person they could ask for help was Daisuke.