Chapter 11: Test of Leadership

The Ichijouji were having their dinner. Ken had just finished his food. Since Ken had returned, he had been having dinner with his parents at the dining table.

"Ken-chan, want some more?" Mrs. Ichijouji asked.

"Um..." Ken was full from his dinner.

"You're still growing so eat more." Mr. Ichijouji urged. Feeling bad to say no. Ken asked more another bowl.

"Then, I'll have some too, dear." Mr. Ichijouji raised his bowl.

Mimomon greeted Ken when he returned to his room. Ken sighed. He was feeling bloated from eating too much.

"Why?" Minomon asked.

"Papa and Mama are so happy when they see me eat a lot like a normal boy." Ken replied.

"You shouldn't force yourself." Minomon commented.

"I'm not forcing myself. I'm just glad to Papa and Mama happy." Ken smiled at his partner.

"Well, then, after eating, it's time to exercise!" Minomon started bouncing on Ken's bed. "Exercise! Exercise! Exercise!" Ken blinked in surprise. He could help but to laugh.

"Hey, don't jump on the bed!"

Unknown to them, a mysterious woman was watching Ken. She appeared in his room waking up Ken in the middle of the night.

"Who's that?"

"You're done and over with." The woman who stood in front of his computer said. Ken's widened his eyes. Minomon woke up hearing her voice. "You're not worth anything." She continued.

"Who... are you? Ken asked. The woman turned to face him.

"Poor you."

Her words reminded him of the mysterious e-mail he received when he was using his brother's computer not long after he died. Before Ken could react, she vanished from his room.

"Ken-chan..." It was when Ken realized a new threat was imminent.

The new school term had started Daisuke and his friends got on with their normal lives. Of course, in addition of their after school activities. The summer holidays had been really exciting. They were something, Daisuke, Miyako and Iori could never forget.

Peace had returned to the Digital World since the defeat of Digimon Kaiser, the Chosen Children volunteered to help to rebuild the Digital World destroyed during Digimon Kaiser's reign. They rebuilt building, restored the lost agriculture, cooked for the Digimon who were helping out.

"You can't eat if you don't work, dagyaa." Armadimon fell flat on the ground feeling all worn out.

Daisuke on the other hand was annoyed at the fact that Takeru and Hikari went off somewhere together without informing him. He is their leader now.

"Because you are acting like a kid. That's why they don't take you seriously." XV-mon said carrying a pile of wood walking past him.

"What did you say?"

Hikari and Takeru were off to an area where Digimon Kaiser had never touched on during his control. Hikari placed some flowers in front of a tombstone. It was a memorial the seven original Chosen Children had built for her brother who gave his life to the peace of the Digital World. Hikari came to talk to her brother about all that had happened during their battle with Digimon Kaiser. She and Tailmon prayed that he could rest in peace.

On their way back to where they had left Daisuke and the rest, Takeru and Patamon would like to discuss about something important with Hikari. It had been on Takeru's mind for some time.