Chapter 15: Doubts

It was a few days after the event in the Spiral Mountain. Ken was at home. He felt drained. He was holding up the blank Crest of Courage in daze. He was never able to activate it again. He did not have the courage to even face his own fear.

Agumon approached him again stating that he would fight for the Digital World. Even though he could not see him as his partner but he was still his partner. He reminded Ken that he was able to evolve into MetalGreymon via Dark Evolution because of the Crest even though it was the wrong attribute. Agumon believed that if Ken put his mind into it, he would be able to evolve again, this time through normal mean.

Ken could not give Agumon his answer nor could he tell him there was someone else who would be able to grant him the power. He was afraid to contact the true owner of the Crest after what he had done to him.

His line of thought was disrupted when his D-Terminal beeped.

"We know where Archnemon is. Sorry if we are being intrusive. Yagami Hikari." He read the e-mail. "Thanks." He whispered. He was grateful that not just Motomiya-kun and Miyako, Hikari began to trust him.

"Let's go, Minomon!"

Agumon felt ashamed. He actually approached somebody else to grant him the power to evolve. He wondered if Taichi would be mad at him. But, he wanted to be useful to the Chosen Children. Agumon looked at his trembling claw.

He was actually afraid. It took him a lot of courage to approach Ichijouji Ken. He did not know if he was strong enough to protect Ken. He was afraid he would fail again and let him die like he did for Taichi.

He could never forget the moment Taichi died. He could see his tears. Taichi must be really scared even though he was unable to say so. Agumon shut his eyes tight.

The presence of Wormmon actually gave him some security. With two Digimon protecting a Chosen Child, maybe he would be okay.

Ken did not give him an answer right away.

Nevertheless, he would still want to do something for the Chosen Children. He had been looking for a certain Dark Tower Digimon who was searching for his meaning of life, BlackWarGreymon.

"We meet at last." He greeted the Ultimate Level Digimon, BlackWarGreymon. BlackWarGreymon turned his head up at the direction of the voice. "I've been looking for you." He said.

"For me? To fight?" BlackWarGreymon asked.

"Well... How about we talk first?" Agumon requested. "Ah, I haven't introduce myself yet. I'm Agumon. When I evolve into Ultimate, I become a WarGreymon."

"Could it be... You are born from Dark Tower too?" BlackWargreymon asked.

"No, I was born from a Digiegg." Agumon said in response.

"Then it would be useless to talk." BlackWarGreymon was crestfallen as he walked past Agumon. He stopped suddenly.

"No, we can talk." He decided. "However, I want you to answer my questions."

"Questions?" Agumon pondered.

Hikari and Daisuke arrived on Nefertimon and XV-mon. A Knightmon was hitting on a stone.

"What's that stone?" Daisuke asked. Hikari and Daisuke thought he might be practicing swordsmanship.

"No, I feel some power." Nefertimon disagreed. It could be the stones she heard rumour about, Holy Stone.

"What's that?" Daisuke wondered.

"I don't know. But according to the rumours, a frightening disaster will happen in this world when a Holy Stone is destroyed." Nefertimon explained.