All This Talk Is Making My Cereal Soggy

The next day, after I shower, I open my closet to find new pair of black jumpsuits in my closet. Someone usually comes in my cell to put clean clothes in my closet when I am gone.

I get dressed and sit on my bed. I don't know what to do. There's so many choices to pick from from!

"Vienna! Report to the cell door!" Someone shouts as they bang on the cell door. Dr. Aderman is waiting for me there with a guard behind him, who is holding a cereal bowl and a muffin. Dr. Aderman stands a few feet away.

"Vienna."

"Aderman."

He's probably here to take me to my punishment. "Its Dr. Aderman to you. Listen closely Vienna. I won't be playing games with you," he says as he moves closer.

"Who said I was playing games? Are you here to punish me?" I'm ready. I knew this time would come.

"Unfortunately no. Someone has pardoned your actions this time."

I was pardoned? I let out a sigh of relief and that is when I realize I have been holding my breathe. "Really? By who?"

Dr. Aderman turns to the guard and grabs a hold of the bowl of cereal and the muffin. "You should just be thankful, becuase next time I will make sure it doesn't happen again. And your punishment won't be easy."

"All this talk is making my cereal soggy."

The guard behind him lets out a small snort and Dr. Aderman looks mad now. I guess the man does have more than one expression. He turns to the guard sharply "This will not be tolerated! I will write a report about you as soon as we're done here! You are to take your job seriously. Am I clear?!"

"Yes, Dr. Aderman. My apologies."

Dr. Aderman shoves the cereal through the food slot, spilling a little bit of milk on the floor. I grab the cereal quickly. He hands me the muffin and I take it. "I'm done being nice," he says. He turns to leave and the guard follows behind him.

I grab the chair and pull it up to the table. I grab a spoon and scoop a tablespoon of cereal. Oh great, my cereal is soggy. I have no choice but to eat it like that. The muffin was good though.

A while later, the guy who came in the other day who kept looking back at me, and who I have never seen here until then, walked in. I don't know why I care though. He still wore a white shirt and white pants. He walks in with a janitior cart that contains a bucket and mop. He walks towards me as he looks at me. He stops by where some milk was dropped and starts moping.

He struggles to mop since there is milk on my side and on his side. He crosses the mop through the bars and tries moping. He goes back and forth through the bars from the cell wall and back again.

He looks up at me and he clearly sees me staring at him, so I quickly look away. There is an awkward silence.
Have I ever seen him? No, I haven't. He must be a new worker. I look back at him and try to take a glance at his ID, but when I do, he turns his back to me and walks away. Darn, I took too long.

That afternoon, I am taken to see Dr. Adams becuase I guess he called for me. I am brought to a small room, I assume it's his office. I've never seen his office besides the clinic room where he sedates me.

He takes a seat in front of me and looks at me for a while. "What is going on Vienna?"

"What do you mean?" Even though he is probably talking about what happened with Dr. Aderman.

He scratches his forehead "I've read your report lately and it seems to me that you are acting out."

"Acting out?"

"Yes, you've been talking back a lot lately to many people now a days."

He is right. I have been talking back, which is something I have never really done. "So?"

Dr. Adams leans in a little. "So? You attacked a person. You've never done that before. What is going on with you? You were always so calm."

I don't really understand why he is even concerned. We barely even talk to each other. All he does is sedate me and that's all. "Um... I don't know. I just... just broke."

He opens a drawer and pulls out a banana. "Here, you can have it."

Should I take it? Can I trust him not to have done something to it to sedate me? What do I have to lose. I take the banana "Thank you."

He smiles at me. "You might want to eat it here, becuase it's not.....registered to you."

Registered? Its been a while since I've eaten a banana. "Dr. Adams?"

"Yes?"

"Can we just let go of what happened yesterday? I'm really getting tired of being asked about it and all."
I really am.

He nodds his head "Okay."

I actually appreciate that he didn't ask me about what exactly happened, why I attacked Dr. Aderman, what my intentions were, etc. I only grabbed him, nothing else.

"I reccomend you start behaving though. Can you do that?" He asks as he looks at me.

He is right again. Maybe I should try to calm down. I don't want to be questioned anymore and I sure don't want to go to war with Dr. Aderman. He's so scary. "Okay."

For the next few days, it is very calm. I haven't been sedated or questioned anymore. In fact, they recommended me reading a book to keep my mind healthy. They only say that because I know they want to keep me from going crazy. So why not read a book to distract your mind to take you into another world? That way you won't lose your sanity!

Though when you don't have anything else to do, books fly really fast. So for an hour a day now, they would take me to the gym inside the building. Maybe I can get really strong and break my way out of here.
They make me run though and some scientists always record what I do when I'm at the gym.

One day, I wake up to the banging on my cell. It was time to hit the gym. I open my closet only to find one last jumpsuit. So I press the button to request more clothes and then get dressed.

After I come back, I shower. When I open my closet, there are new black pairs of jumpsuits hanged. I grab one and put it on, but as I reach for a pair of black shoes, there is something white sticking out from under the shoes. One of the shoes seems a little higher than the other. It is weird, but as I pick it up, there is a folded piece of paper and a pencil. I was so confused. I quickly pick the piece of paper up.

I open it up and it says: Hello, are you Vienna?

Maybe its the scientists trying to fool me. Maybe they want to see what I do? I start looking under my bed, closet, bathroom, and clothes for any cameras, but there aren't any. There are no cameras in my bedroom or bathroom becuase its suppose to be private, which it is. At least that's one thing the scientists understand. And the only thing too.

I stare at the note on my bed. What should I do?