Don't Even Know Myself

The commander wasn't lying. The workouts became harder. At the end of the exercise routines, I end up too exhausted to even want to go pee. The routines are long and cruel.

He would make me do ninety minute workout circuits based on cardio movements. Sometimes reps of squats, lunges, chin-ups and split squats to strengthen the upper body and thighs. We also do MMA. Very little though for now since he says he wants to get me in "excellent" shape.

I wake up super sore that it hurts to even crawl of of bed. He makes me stretch real well before starting and it helps the sorness go away a little. The commander would make me do the rountine and yells at me to stop complaining about needing breaks in between. He hasn't punched my face and he hasn't hit me too hard when we go over the defense movements.

My nose is now healed so I no longer have the bandage over my nose. Dr. Adams was right. Since I was made to heal, it includes my bones.

Today, I am too tired to do the workout rountines. I slack a little so he makes me do flutter kicks. After a while, my stomach starts to burn.

"Bring your legs up higher!" He shouts.

I want to rest. I should just rest a little or else I feel like I'm going to pass out. He doesn't give me breaks in between the exercises. No, if I stop, he will push me even harder. I feel a pressure on my chest. It feels like someone is pushing against my chest. My vision starts to blur a little and I lower my legs close to the ground.

"I said bring your legs higher!" He screams.

I can't no more! I'm too tired! I feel like my heart is going to either get squished or explode out of me! I know it's all in the mind, but I feel awful and dizzy. "I can't!" I scream.

As I lower my legs down, all I can do is lay on the ground. My arms are out stretched across the cold floor. I don't care that I stopped becuase I start feeling nauseous. Inhale from the nose, exhale through the mouth. The ceiling is all I want to look at right now. Knowing the commander is mad, I avoid looking at him.

"Get up," he growls.

Standing up makes everything much worse. My arms and legs start shaking a little. The pressure on my chest is still there. Dots start covering my eyes. The nauseous feeling grows stronger.

"Why did you stop? Did I tell you to stop? Do you think you have a right to scream at me? Answer me!"

Wobbling a little from side to side, I try to focus on the commander. "I was too tired sir."

"Are you still tired?" A frown spreads across his face.

"Yes, sir. I need breaks in between exercises. Please, without them it is hard to focus. Let alone continue. My heart is about to explode plus I'm feeling nauseous."

"Stop complaining! You are acting like a little girl! Are you a little girl?"

Crap, now he is more mad. "No, sir."
Really want to lay in bed right now! Standing is not making me feel better.

"Then tell me how old are you? Hmm? Tell me!"

The question hits me like a bullet. How old am I? Never really thought about it since I've lost track of time. Though I'm sure it's been lots of years since I was little when I first came here. "I-I...um...I uh-"

The commander interrupts me. "You don't even know!" He chuckles to himself. "You don't know how old you are!"

Not wanting to look at him as embarrassment washes over me, my gaze falls to the ground. Now I feel like passing out plus I am embarrassed by him yet again. The guards at the door probay heard too. How worse could this get?