The Outside In Green Eyes

Awaken by banging on my cell, I jolt up and look around. My favorite guard.... I mean Ryan is gone. The glass shards remain on the floor untouched. Was he really here? It feels unreal.

It's hard trying not think about what Ryan told me last night. What about the other five people who think they are still alone? Just yesterday I didn't know. It feels so unreal.

After reporting to the door, I am given water. Remembering the note that lies hidden in my closet from Lucas, I decide to write back.

Yes, I am fairly new here, but not too new. I'm like the janitor here. I hate cleaning and doing janitior stuff, but it has it's own perks as you could see. I am the silent spy I guess. Discovering small little secrets every now and then. Pretty cool.

Now I feel bad for not writing back.

Is one of the perks being able to go through laundry and mopping clumsy people's messes? What kind of secrets?

I fold the note and put it back in the closet. Secrets. I have one myself and it so happens to be hidden under my bed. If Lucas knows secrets, do I get a bonus point for sharing a secret with the guy who knows secrets? I giggle at my silly thoughts.

Wow. I haven't laughed at my thoughts for quite sometime. It feels... nice.

I am not bothered all day and so night comes and the lights go out. I walk over to bed and snuggle up to the blanket. At that moment, there is a low squeak from the outside. I sit up straight and stare at the door. A low knock echoes as the door then opens.

"Ryan, what are you doing?"

Ryan pulls out a device from his pocket. It is white and has a circular shape, but flat surface. He presses a button on the device and it illuminates the room. It's very bright. Ryan then presses another button and the light dims.

He slowly closes the door and presses a finger to his ear. "I'm in. Thanks again, I owe you one." He walks over to the bed and sits on the edge, setting the little device in the bed. He sees me looking at the device. "It's so I can
see."

That's right. I can see in the dark, but he can't.

"I come to deliver you pizza." He says.

He holds nothing, so he is obviously lying. "No, you're not."

"Yes, I am. I got a call from this room requesting a pizza with half pepperoni and the other half pineapple."

I grab my pillow and throw it at him, but as it looks like it will hit his head, he catches it.

"I don't have a phone so there is no pizza. And I don't like pineapple." I haven't used or held a phone of any type since I came here.

Ryan looks at me with a grin on his face. He takes the pillow and sets it down on his lap. "You were suppose to go along with it. Also, the pineapple half was for me." He pats his chest.

Oh, crap. Dang it, I ruined it. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know." I'm terrible at trying to not be serious. I look down at the bed and try imagining a pizza. Pizza.......

"What are you thinking about?" He asks.

"Pizza."

"Pizza sounds good right? Did I make you hung......." He stops talking as he seems to remember something. "Sorry, I-I forgot."

It doesn't matter that I don't eat no more. "It's fine, but I was thinking about how pizza tastes but I don't remember anymore." Though I know that I don't like pineapple.

Ryan's mouth drops open "Do they seriously not give you pizza? Not even on a special day?"

I shake my head.