Unraveled Truth

My days in solitary confinement come to an end. Right before they take you out, they throw ice cold water at you. Maybe since I am left inside here for a long time. It burns my skin, but I don't make a noise. There is no energy left inside of me.

Two guards put a bag over my head and chain me up. The chains seem to weigh like giant rocks. Not able to walk much, they drag me back to my cell.

Once they unchain me and pull the bag off, I am pushed inside but not having strength, I tumble to the ground. I stay like this. I think of nothing. I lay with a blank mind and stare at the floor.

A while later, I decide to finally stand. My legs shake and it feels as if I'm starting to learn how to walk for the first time. Now I feel like newborn Bambi. I walk in my room and try walking back and forth to get the hang of using my feet again. Then, I shower. The warm water feels soft and soothing as it falls down my skin. It's like a massage.

There are new pairs of jumpsuits so that means there must be a new message on the note. I don't care anymore though. I ignore the letter and lay in bed. The feeling of something smooth other than the hard ground feels like I'm up in a cloud. This is all I do for a couple of hours.

There is banging on cell. I don't want to go, but I stumble out if bed and open the door to see a scientist with water. It's not Dr. Aderman. Good.

This time, instead of opening the door, there is a little door slot the size of a glass to push a glass in. He pushes the door slot with the glass making the door bend down like a little table. He sets the glass down. They must have installed this for security reasons. To protect people from me.

I don't want it. Don't need it anyway. I have the sink and shower water. I turn around to head back into my room.

"Where are you going?" The scientist asks. "Don't you want the water?"

"No," I respond before I slam the room door shut with a bang.

If they get mad at me, they can go ahead and punish me again. I don't care anymore. This is my life. A dead end. No way out. No escape. No freedom. That is the pure truth.

No one comes for anything that day nor the next day. I get up to shower. I stand and let the water pour down for fifteen minutes and stare at nothing until my hands become wrinkly.

I go over to my closet and dress in a jumpsuit. As I pass the small round mirror on the wall to go back to bed, I see my reflection from the corner of my eye. I back up to stand right in front of the mirror. The reflection shows a pair of dull orange eyes. I stare at my reflection for a while. I don't want to see myself. I punch the mirror and it shatters. My hand stings from the cuts my hand gets from the sharp glass. Still able to see my reflection, I pick the small mirror off the wall, raise it above my head, and smash it on the ground as hard as I can.

The mirror smashes to pieces on the floor with a bang. Pieces of glass scatter all over the floor. I walk over to my bed and lay on my side so I can see the shattered glass on the floor. The glass is a representation of me. Shattered and broken.

There is large shard of glass that didn't shatter to tiny pieces. It's big enough to look at my reflection in it.

The pieces of glass remain on the floor for a couple of days. I walk over them which crushes the glass even more. I decide to hide the large shard of glass to myself. I pick it up and hold it in my hands. It's really sharp so I make sure not to squeeze it too hard. Without looking at my reflection, I hide in in my closet all the way in the back. I secretly don't want to forget what I look like.

I spend my time looking at the key that Lucas gave me for my chains. I don't think I will be needing this key, but I keep it underneath my bed base.