The Key To A Glimpse Of Freedom

There's a cold air in the clinic room. Dr. Adams attends my bleeding nose. The commander did break my nose. It hurt really badly during the remainder of the training session. He didn't punch my face again becuase I was too scared to drop my hands anymore. I guess his tactic worked.

"You said he punched you right?" Asks Dr. Adams as he works on my nose.

"Yes."

He shakes his head in disapproval. "Look at this mess." He makes me clean my nose with a cotton swab to clear out the dried blood. It hurts.

My nose started bleeding more during the training session. Some of the blood dripped onto my black jumpsuit, but after it ended, the two guards brought me here. At first I thought Dr. Adams was going to sedate me or something which made me a little nervous.

"Will my nose be crooked now?" I ask.

Dr. Adams puts a white nose bandage on me. "Considering that you are made to recover and heal from injuries, no. This nose bandage is going to help your nose straighten out as much as it can and your body will naturally heal itself from there. Do not worry, you won't have a crooked nose."

An award goes to a scientist! For once, I am actually glad they made me this way. To have the ability to heal over a short period of time just like I can heal after an operation after a few hours to a day. Of course depending how many times and how badly. They saved my nose. "How long will it take?"

"No longer than a week. It is a broken bone so keep that in mind." He throws a wrapper away in the garbage. "There, all done."

"Thank you," I mutter as I look to the ground. He did something else for me besides sedate me. It feels odd.

He calls for a guard and as the guard walks in, it happens to be my favorite one. When he walks in, he gives me a confused look. He chains me up and escorts me to the elevator.

We step into the elevator. I face the back and he faces the front. Just the same usual procedure. As soon as the elevator door closes, he turns and stands in front of me. He gently grabs my face. "What happened to you? Your jumpsuit has blood on it."

"I got punched in the nose. It's broken."

"By who?"

"An instructor who got mad at me. He was teaching me how to protect my face and I kept failing, so he punched me."

He slighty touches my nose.

"Ow!" I Whine.

"Sorry. You should have punched him back and claimed you were testing his defense too."

"No! That would be the end of my life!"

"I'm messing around." He examines my jumpsuit where blood dripped on. "This ain't right. What is his name?"

The elevator dings as he let's go of my face and takes his place next to me facing the front again.

He never did say his name so I have no idea. But considering the fact that he made me do sixty push-ups just to tell him a yes sir, is all I got.

"Sir," I quickly add. He let's out a small laugh with a smile and then leads me back to my cell.

When I am left alone in my cell, I head to the closet for a new jumpsuit. It's my last one so I raise the little glass cover and press the clothing button. Might as well just shower too.
The water doesn't hurt my cuts anymore. I'm healing. All I have now are scars that will fade away if they don't cut me for a while.

I start feeling a little drowsy and weak. Feeling tired, I make my way to my bed. A while later the lights go out. This day is over. My eyes dialate for me to see in the dark. My arms are tired and tommorow will probably be another day of whatever was done today.