Ryan

Okay guys, so I've seen comments asking if I'm going to continue this story. Let me explain.

Yes, it's been four years and I'm truly sorry. I was in my early years of high school when I started this story. After I published the last chapter, I started writing this chapter. Along the way, I was completely unsatisfied with what I had written. I thought, and I thought, and I thought, and added a few things, deleted a few things over and over. Yet I still wasn't satisfied where it was going so I put it off and it turned into a few months. I eventually started Badminton, had school, and worked. I didn't have time. It turned to 4 years. And currently I'm in college (kicking my ass) and work full time. 

I haven't written anything. But I haven't given up on this story! Despite being very unsatisfied with what I had initially written on this chapter, I deleted over 2,000 words (a whole scenario) and ended with this which I'm so much more satisfied with. (Then went back and fixed the chapter due to me deleting those 2,000 words). I was overthinking a lot.

Today I had time, so I took the time to finally do this chapter. Can't guarantee I will write but here is this chapter after 4 years. I'M SORRYYY!!! Thank you to those who still have faith in this story. I'm sure a lot have forgotten what even happened in the previous chapters and I don't blame you guys.

*********************

~Several Months ago~

I nervously walk up the steps of an old brown building. More of the windows seem to be boarded up than last time I came by. There are weeds all over and bushes overgrown. I knock and wait for someone to answer the door.

Someone speaks from the other side "Who is it?" 

"This is Ryan Brennan. I come to see Mike Brennan."

"Ryan! One moment please."

There's a series of clanging as locks are unchained. When the door opens it's Flora. I smile at her "Good to see you Flora."

She smiles back "Ryan! It's been a while. Welcome back to Springwood Clinical Residency! Glad to see you back! How you been?"

"Pretty good. Just come to see my father. How about you? How's your family?"

Her smile turns into a frown "My...My dad passed away about two months ago."

Shit. "Oh, I'm really sorry." I lean in to hug her and not one of us says anything for a while. 

She pulls away and shrugs "We all have someone we lost. Your father is in room 25. Excuse me I have to deliver something to room 13." She picks up a teddy bear and walks away. "I'll see you in a bit."

As I make my way to room 25, I see people in wheel chairs, people with crutches, people with burns on their face, and even people missing limbs. The hallways  are too small for people to move freely as doctors and some nurses move from room to room.

When I finally make it to the room, I take in a deep breath. Slowly opening the door, I take a small peek inside. My father lies on a bed with tubes all over. The heart monitor beeps at a constant rate, which means he is okay for now. The sight of it is painful. There is a chair near the bed, so I pull it up next to the bed and sit.

"Hey, dad." I pause hoping he might answer. "Don't worry about me. I'm doing great. I'm not starving either."

I don't know if he could hear me, but I sure don't want to tell him about what I am doing for a living. People aren't suppose to know. News like this would devastate him even more. He was devastated when mom died years ago when it all happened. Everyone was.

"Remember when I told you about my friend Derek? Well, he says hi. He is doing okay too."

The only sound in the room is the heart rate monitor. It makes it all more depressing.