Chapter 25

With a smile on my face that I couldn't get rid of, I followed Jett out of the bedroom. Lilly tried to squash her smirk but was unsuccessful. I hated that she knew what we'd done, but I wouldn't have changed a single thing. The embarrassment was completely worth it.

Jett sat on the couch and pulled me onto his lap. "So what's the plan for tonight?" he asked Lilly.

"We're going down to the beach." Her smile dropped. "But you can't get into the Schoolies venues."

"They'll let me in." He smirked. "Trust me."

A knowing look crossed her face. Apparently, his family connections opened the doors to any venue on the Coast. Rules didn't apply to his family.

Lilly stood. "Let's get ready then." She carried her empty vodka premix into the kitchen and set it beside the bottle she had finished earlier.

Turning in Jett's arms, I kissed his lips. My thoughts instantly went back forty minutes, and my body wanted to relive that experience, but I couldn't do that to Lilly. Reluctantly, I pulled away. "I won't be long." I stood and went into the bedroom to get ready.

After taking a shower, I opened my suitcase and rummaged for my bikini and a beach dress. From what I'd seen through the window, I was going to be seriously overdressed. The guys were bare chested, and most of the girls wore their swimmers and nothing else. Even though I wasn't planning on being that adventurous, I was completely okay if Jett went shirtless—not that he needed any encouragement. Once I was dressed and makeup done, I went back into the lounge.

"Let's go party," Lilly said with a slight slur.

"Let me guess, do as I say, not as I do," I said as they both stood.

She looked at me as if she had no idea what I was talking about.

"You were giving me a lecture on not drinking too much and—"

She giggled. "Well, I had to do something while I was waiting for you two."

That shut me up. I wanted to crawl under a rock, but Jett's eyes twinkled with humour. Nothing seemed to faze him, and I wished some of his carefree attitude would rub off on me.

The three of us went downstairs and walked across the road to the beach. As we got closer to the gates, I saw some guys get turned away. I worried that Jett would be as well.

Jett squeezed my shoulder. "Relax."

The security guard took one look at Jett and waved all of us through without even checking for wristbands.

"See? I told you there wouldn't be a problem," Jett whispered.

He was such a cocky bastard, but it was so sexy on him.

"Let's dance." Lilly grabbed my hand and dragged me toward the crowd before I had a chance to argue.

There must have been close to a thousand Schoolies on the beach, dancing under the laser lightshow as the DJ on the stage did his thing. A few games of beach volleyball were going on to one side of the dance area, while the other side looked like a recovery area.

Masculine hands wrapped around my waist from behind. I leaned my head back against his chest and just about screamed when I saw his face. Some drunken guy was feeling me up.

"Hey, beautiful," he said with a drunken grin.

Without warning, the guy doubled over and collapsed to the sand, leaving Jett standing in his place. I didn't feel a knock from a punch, so I guessed the guy had probably drunk too much and was about to be sick. I was just glad that he had the decency to let go of me before he puked.

Jett stepped around the dry-heaving sleezeball. "Another drunken idiot."

I looked around for Lilly to make sure she was okay. I finally spotted her dancing with the girls we'd met in the lift. She caught my eye and waved for us to come over.

Jett slung his arm over my shoulders and pulled me to his side. I was surprised that he wasn't pissed at the guy for feeling me up but glad he didn't seem to want to start a fight or something. We walked over to the makeshift dance floor.

When we reached her, Lilly grabbed my hand. "Zara, this is... oh, crap. What was your name again?" she asked the brunette, who was too busy checking out Jett to answer.

Redhead stepped forward. "I'm Sarah, and this is Bec," she said, hitting her friend in the arm to get her attention.

"Jett!" someone called from the crowd.

Jett turned around then said, "Just give me a sec."

I nodded. "Sure."

He kissed me on the cheek then took off.

"Oh, my God! He is so hot," Bec said when Jett was out of earshot. "He's your boyfriend, right?"

Boyfriend? Wow. I hadn't really thought of him that way, but I supposed he was. "I'm a lucky girl, huh?"

She giggled. "Lucky doesn't even begin to describe what you have."

Sarah slapped her friend's arm again. "Don't be so rude. It's not polite to drool over someone else's boyfriend."

Bec snapped her head to the side. "I wasn't drooling."

Lilly laughed. "Yes, you were. But hey, I don't blame you. He's one of the hottest guys around here." She gave me a sheepish look. "Sorry."

I waved her off. "Just because a guy's taken doesn't mean a girl can't appreciate. But make a move on him, and you'll be dead." Wow. Where the hell had that come from?

The three girls' eyes went wide.

"I'm just kidding." I sucked in a sharp breath as arms wrapped around my waist from behind. I was relieved to see that it was Jett.

Lowering his head, he nuzzled my ear. "I need to go take care of something at the club."

"Seriously?" I turned around in his arms.

"I won't be long." He brushed my hair back then put his hand at the base of my head and pulled me in for a kiss. By the time he was done with me, I was practically panting for air.

He tapped my nose. "Be good."

My heart sank as I watched him walk away, and I wondered how I had become so attached to a guy so quickly.