Chapter 26

An hour later, I was sitting in the recovery area with the other girls, taking advantage of the drinks and candy they were handing out.

Lilly was smashed, making me think that she'd had a lot more than the two Cruisers and two cocktails. For all I knew, she had popped a pill or something. I had no idea whether she was a casual drug user or not.

Lilly swung her arm around my neck and leaned her head against my shoulder. "You know I love you?"

"You're so drunk."

"As I said, I had to do something while I was waiting for you and Jett to finish having sex." She slapped her hand over her mouth. "Whoopsie."

My eyes went wide as Sarah and Bec's jaws dropped. I couldn't believe Lilly had just said that in front of people we'd only just met. But I guessed it served me right. Maybe we should've waited until bedtime to take that next step in our relationship, or at least a time when we didn't have an audience in the next room.

Lilly dropped her hand. "Sorry," she whispered loudly.

When I shuffled my butt to the side so I could turn to face her, Lilly tumbled over onto the ground. She spat sand out of her mouth as she sat up.

"I think you might need to get this girl to bed," Sarah said.

"I don't need to sleep..." Lilly's voice trailed off in a yawn.

We laughed, but I didn't find it as humorous as Sarah and Bec did.

"I can't take her to our room until Jett gets back. I didn't bring a key."

Bec picked up Lilly's bag and threw it to me. "Did she?"

Feeling really awkward about going through her stuff, I looked over at Lilly, hoping to get a nod of approval or something. But she had flopped onto her back and was staring at the stars. I rummaged through her bag but came up empty. I pulled out my phone and tried calling Jett, but there was no answer.

"Can you go and get the key from your boyfriend?" Sarah asked.

"Um, I guess." I didn't feel comfortable about going to the club. I had never been there. But looking at Lilly, I knew we couldn't wait. I had no idea how long he would be gone.

Sarah rubbed Lilly's knee. "We'll look after her 'til you get back."

"Thanks." I stood up and dusted the sand off my clothes. "If you need to call me, my number's in Lilly's phone. I won't be long."

"Got it," Sarah said.

I nodded and headed up the beach. Once I was out of the gated area, I made my way down the mall to the club. There was a line of about twenty people waiting to get in. I didn't have time to wait in a line that didn't seem to be going anywhere.

My stomach lurched when I realised what I had to do. I glanced down at my dress and was glad I'd chosen it. It wasn't exactly club attire, but it was better than what most of the girls on the beach were wearing. Sucking in a deep breath, I walked to the front of the line.

The bouncer didn't even wait for me to speak before he said, "Back of the line."

The bouncer didn't look happy when I didn't move. I looked to my right. I had the full attention of the girls at the front of the queue.

I cleared my throat. "I just need to speak to Jett for a minute."

He laughed. "Don't you all?"

"Can you call him or something? I really need to see him."