Chapter Thirty One

as promised here is an update, if you havent please go back and read my authors note. i feel awful for not updating but im going to try and keep going with this!
please comment below and tell me if you wish to see anything happen i might take some of your ideas! I love you all! xx -Janellexox 

-Chapter Thirty One-

Two hundred and eight bodies laid around me drenched in blood. Klaus threw the last body to the ground and smiled wickedly. The last hour had seemed like a horror film, I felt as if I was watching two horrendous characters massacre two hundred people. But really I was the one doing the killing along with Klaus.
Klaus looked over at me with a wicked smile upon his face. He looked around at his work and nodded at me.
"Get the bag." He instructed. I walked around through the bodies to grab the bag we had placed in a tree; I jumped up and grabbed the strap, pulling it down with me. I headed back towards Klaus and threw him the bag; he caught it swiftly and smiled. We heard a loud groan causing Klaus to smile even wider.
"Looks like they're waking up."
More groans filled the air as people began rising to their feet, confused at terrified looks on their face.
"Don't even think about running, you know what we can do." I warned the teenagers who stared at me pain in their eyes, as if I had betrayed them.
“Why?” Maddie whispered still sitting on the ground where Klaus had left her.
“I had to, I’m sorry.” I mouthed to her.
“What have you done to us!” an older looking man yelled viciously at Klaus.
“I’m in need of an army, so I’ve turned you all into hybrids.” Klaus smirked.
“You’ve what!” many screams filled the air.
“But you’re not a hybrid yet.” Klaus said.
Confused looks were shared throughout the pack.
“What do you mean?” Connor’s voice picked up.
“If you want to live, you’re going to have to beg for this.” Klaus held up a blood bag, the bag had the one thing that could actually turn them all into hybrids, Elena’s blood.
I saw the spark in their eyes at the smell of the blood, I honestly wanted it too, it smelt so good but I had the strength not to go and rip the bag from his hands. A few of the wolves stepped forwards, hypnotized by the smell.
“Ah ah ah.” Klaus shook his finger. “You want it; you’re going to have to beg.”
“What if we don’t take it?” an elderly man asked.
“You die.” Klaus smirked.

One hundred and sixty of the wolves had taken it, the others refused. Mostly the older ones and a few of the teenagers. I had watched as they all lined up to take a small sip of Elena's doppelgänger blood. From the corner of my eye I could see Connor and Maddie sitting on a bench rubbing their necks. Maddie's eyes connected with mine, a sharp glare also followed by Connor. I stalked toward them, they didn’t move as I sat next to Maddie.
"You betrayed us." Maddie spat.
"I had to." I whispered.
"Why?" Connor spat at me.
"I was compelled to do this." I muttered.
They stared at me confused not uttering a word.
"Klaus had compelled me to turn my emotions off, he forced me to come with him, to help him find you. He said if I helped him turn two hundred hybrids I could leave, I could have my freedom."
"So used us so you can leave?" Maddie hissed.
"It's more complicated than that, I need to leave, I have to get back." I shook my head.
"Why?"
"Because, I have someone waiting for me." I whispered my mind flashing back to Damon. "I never wanted to do this, but I have no control over it. It's not that bad being a hybrid, you don't have to change on every full moon."
"You don't?!" They both exclaimed.
"You didn’t know that?"
"No." They shook their head.
"We'll you don't have to now." I smiled warmly.
They thanked me and hugged me tightly. I didn’t understand why they were thanking me since I had pretty much almost killed them. I headed back towards Klaus, he still continued to feed the wolfs a small bit of Elena’s blood.
“I’ve done the deed Klaus.” I said his head snapping up.
“You have.” He nodded his gaze falling back on the wolfs.
“You promised me my freedom.” I said harshly.
“So I did.” He nodded pushing the man back roughly as he fell to the ground. He grabbed my arm and pulled me behind a tree.
“You are free, love. You may return to your family, but tell no one of my plans. I will find you in a time of need however, I’m not quite done with you yet my dear.”