Chapter Thirty Three

*Anna’s POV*

It took me two days to get back to Mystic Falls. I didn’t know if I wanted to go back, I wanted to go back for Damon but I didn’t at the same time. I had spent all this time with Klaus not caring because he had compelled me not to. He had set me free, but my emotions were still considerably off, or that’s what I thought. When everyone says they turn the switch off, they turn their emotions off, your body still fights that urge to turn it off. Its works to turn them back on because of the strongest emotion, love. I knew my body was fighting it, I could feel it. But did I want to turn that all back on? To have all of the emotions that I have had come back to me at once? I wanted to go back to Damon but I really didn’t know if I had truly turned my emotions back on.

“You’re free from Klaus?” Damon gapped at me from the floor.

“Mmmhmm.” I nodded biting my lip.

I was suddenly picked up from the floor and pinned against the wall by my neck.

“How do I know you’re not just sent here to spy on me? I don’t know what Klaus is planning?” he hissed at me.

“I’m not Damon.” I shook my head trying to fill as much emotion into my words.

He stared into my eyes for a few moments; I could practically see the thoughts running through his head as he stared at me. His hand left my neck and fell to his side.

“You are really back.” he smiled; suddenly I felt his lips on mine.

 I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling me closer to his body. He grabbed my waist forcing me against his chest. I missed this so much, but for some reason there was something telling me to stop, because I didn’t care. I resisted the feeling and continued kissing him. I jumped onto his waist and wrapped my legs around him. In less than a second I was pushed down onto a bed as he straddled my waist. He broke apart and looked down at me.

“What?” I asked questioning why he had stopped.

“Why did you just come back, after all this time?” he questioned. “After everything he has forced you to do, you just show up again?”

“I did what I had to do, and then he set me free.” I muttered.

“What did he make you do?”

I stared up at him trying to come up with an answer. I really couldn’t remember what I had done the last couple of weeks. I remember being in Ireland, I remember trying to find a pack. Then I remember the killing. Klaus had compelled me not to tell anyone what his plan was.

“I don’t remember.” I shook my head.

“He compelled you to forget?” he asked.

“Why are you asking so many questions?” I spat.

“Because you just showed up out of the blue, after everything, and you tell me you don’t know what you have done for the past month!?” he shouted at me.

“I can’t tell you okay! I can’t! If I could you know damn well I would!” I shouted back at him. “I feel like everything I have been through has been kept from me! My whole fucking life has been pretty much a lie because no one will tell me anything, or I’m told to forget it! My sister used me so she could live, I was turned into this fucking hybrid I didn’t want to be! I didn’t even know I had a werewolf blood line! I spent so much time trying to figure out why I was changed into a vampire and then I met you. I fell in love with you then I was thrown into a tomb to desiccate for the rest of my life while you were sat thinking about how much my sister loved you! And she didn’t, she didn’t love you at all, she knew the entire time that I was following her and she used you to get to my head because that’s all she does. She uses people so she doesn’t die. And now this, I don’t know what to do or think! I can’t tell you anything because I literally can’t because I have to answer to Klaus!” I screamed. Tears were streaming down my face as I stood up and kicked the table in the corner of the room causing it to smash into millions of pieces.

“My life has been a whole lie, and it’s just so pointless.” I crumbled; I fell to the ground and landed on my knees as I cried out. Everything that I had been holding back this entire time came rushing back to me. Every single one of those emotions that I had been forced to lock away came to me like a kick in the face.

I jumped slightly when two arms wrapped around my waist, Damon pulled me to his chest as I sobbed uncontrollably.

“Everything has been a lie.” I cried.

“No it hasn’t.” he hushed in my ear.

“Yes it has.” I sobbed.

“No, because my love hasn’t been a lie.” He whispered his lips pressed against my ear. “I love you so much Anna. I always have, I always will. I knew Katherine’s love wasn’t real. I realized it as soon as I seen you in the tomb. I remembered everything. I always wanted you, never her. I want you because I love you.”