Chapter 3- Being A Pierce

Edited

*3 weeks later*

"Isabella!" Damon yelled from the porch.

I stopped watering the plants and I turned my head to look at him.

"Can I help you Mr. Salvatore?" I asked.

"Ohh cut that out and give me a hug!" He said pulling me into a bear hug.

"Are you leaving?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yes." He said sounding said. I frowned and looked down at the ground. "Awww come one some one has to go and defend the south."

"I know, I'm going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too." He said putting a finger on my chin and pulling my face up so I was looking at him. "Will you come on a walk with me?" He asked.

"Sure." I said looking around to make sure no one was watching us.

He took my hand and pulled me towards the woods.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I want to show you something." He said pulling me along.

We walked for a couple of minuets until we came to a house.

"Damon what are we doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to be alone where no one could follow us." He said. He sat down on a brick wall and pulled me onto it with him.

He lightly pulled the string to my cap so it untied and he took the cap off of my head.

"Damon, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I want to see what you look like with your hair down." He said pulling the pin out of my hair so it fell down in curls to my back.

"Wow, you're so beautiful." He began. "You look a lot like Katherine."

"Yeah I've been getting that a lot lately." I whispered fiddling with my apron.

'How does he do this to me? I'm usually a girl who isn't shy around guys. I'm usually very out going.'

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"My family." I lied.

"You're family?"

"Yes, I miss them." I said.

"What happened to them?" He asked.

"They were killed by a man who had no reason to kill them." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because of my sister."

"You're sister? What'd she do?" He asked.

"I don't know, but I'm going to find out."

"How long ago did they die?" He asked.

"About a year ago." I lied once again.

"Wow, I'm sorry." He said rubbing my back.

"It's okay. It's not you're fault."

"So," He said "What are you going to do with out me here?" He asked changing the subject.

"Oh I don't know, probably get myself in a lot of trouble. I tend to do that."

He laughed and sighed lightly.

"So what are you thinking about?" I asked.

He sat there for a moment before he opened his mouth to say something.

"I was thinking of the right time to have the courage to kiss you." He whispered.

"Well when do you think that will be?" I asked.

"I'm not sure..." He said. We sat there for a moment while he thought. After a while of sitting there I just started laughing.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing, nothing." I said laughing even more.

"Tell me!" He yelled playfully pushing my shoulder.

"You were thinking of a time to kiss me when you had a perfect opportunity to, but you sat there and looked funny." I said in between laughs.

"You're making fun of me." He yelled pushing my shoulder again.

"Yeah I kind of am." I said laughing.

"Ohh it's on!" He yelled as he began tickling me.

"Nooo stop it!" I yelled in between breaths. I jumped down from the brick wall and ran towards a big tree. I heard him jump down and walk slowly towards the big tree. I ran for another tree so fast that he couldn't see me. I watched him creep along side it and look around the tree.

"Gotcha!" He yelled jumping in the spot I was originally hiding.

I giggled, but covered my mouth when he turned to look over at me.

"How did you get over there?" He yelled.

"I'm part ninja!" I yelled at him.

"You're part what?" He yelled.

"Ninja!!!"

"Yeah well I'm a solider!" He laughed.

"Try and catch me solider!" I yelled.

"Oh I will!" He laughed.

He creeped behind the tree and I zoomed to the other side of it.

"Boo!" I whispered in his ear.

"God how did you get over here so fast?" He asked.

"I told you I'm a ninja." I whispered.

"Hhmmm, gotcha!!" He yelled turning me around and pulling me into a hug.

"That's not fair you cheated!" I yelled smacking his chest.

He looked at me and smiled. I looked at his eyes realizing how beautiful they were. When I got out of the trance I realized that his face was coming closer and closer to mine.

"Damo-" I tried saying but before I could finish his lips were on mine. I closed my eyes and let him kiss me. My mind went blank as if it was only us right here right now. I began kissing him back but something wasn't right.

The burning...

My neck began to burn and I could feel the veins on my face begin to show. I quickly pushed him away and turned around so he couldn't see my face.

"Isabella? What's wrong?" He asked trying to turn me around.

"I think I've got something in my eye." I stuttered. I slowly took deep breaths to make the burning go away, and to calm my self.

"Let me see." He said turning me around.

I slowly pealed my hands away from my face and looked into his eyes. He looked into my eyes and began rubbing the skin under my eyes.

"I don't see anything." He said rubbing my cheeks.

"Oh." I whispered.

I pulled him into a hug and buried my face into his jacket. He began to slowly rub my hair soothingly.

"Isabella, I might be gone for 2 months this time." He whispered in my ear.

I just nodded my head into his chest.

"Isabella, I think, I think I'm in love with you."