Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

*Damon’s POV*

“What do you mean? Klaus compelled her to shut her humanity off?” Stefan asked.

“She turned it all off, she doesn’t care about anything, she doesn’t care about me. Nothing.” I downed my fourth glass of scotch and threw the glass at the wall.

“You didn’t even try to get her to come back?” he asked.

“I couldn’t try with the ass hole of an original breathing down her back.” I deadpanned.

“Do you think she is going to try to come back? She might be hiding something; did she make any hints to you about fighting against Klaus’ compulsion?” Elena’s voice picked up from the phone.

“No was too far under his compulsion.” I sighed.

“I wouldn’t be too sure of that.” a soft whisper came from behind me.

I spun around, a pair of familiar eyes staring down at me. I slowly pressed the end call on my mobile and dropped it on the couch.

“Klaus let the leash up on you?” I deadpanned standing up to tower over her.

“Wow, great to see you too!” she smiled sarcastically.

“Why are you here, Anna?” I asked.

“What, I can’t come and see you?” she smiled sitting on the edge of the couch.

“Really why are you here?” I questioned.

“Take a guess.” She whispered.

“You were sent to spy on me?” I rambled.

“Nope.” She shook her head, her brown hair bouncing around her face. “Wana take another guess?”

“Just tell me Annabel.” I hissed.

She lunged for my throat, her small hand wrapping around my neck. She slammed me up against a wall, her fangs bearing.

“What were you sent to kill me?” I spat. Her eyes bore into mine, they looked so emotionless, I wished I could see her eyes filled with emotion again, but I knew that wouldn’t happen if she was under his compulsion. It made me want to die, knowing she didn’t feel anything, and she didn’t want to. “Just do it already.”

Before I knew what was happening I felt her lips on mine. I stood there momentarily not knowing what was happening and what to do. I finally realized what was happening and I kissed her back. Oh how I missed the taste of her lips, how they felt on mine. She nibbled sat my bottom lip, begging for access to my mouth. I was about to give in, when memories from the other day flashed through my mind.

“Wait what the hell.” I pushed her back forcefully. “Why did you just kiss me?” I spat.

She sat up from where she had fallen and looked up at me.

“I’m free.” She laughed.

“What?” I stared at her utterly confused.

“I’m free from Klaus.” She smiled up at me.