Chapter 2

I wake to the sound of the busy streets of London, footsteps, the sound of carriage wheels hitting the cobblestone streets. Every sound that a morning in London had to offer for the occasional pass-byer or the early worker. I rose from my mattress and wiped off all of the stray from the holes scattered in the mattress, the pain in my lower back seizes up again as I stretch I feel the wave of relief in every bone and muscle in my body. As I start to stand up straight I take notice off London's waking up.

I place a hand in my messy hair, as I start to move my legs forward to the large group standing around the fire. I place my hands out through a gap threw two men. Heat. That feeling when your bones finally warm up and all coldness is just gone for that second when your fingertips feel the heat from the flames.

I took my hands away as I was offered a cup of 'Joe' and I started to walk to the market to meet Lily and Lucille but something in my mind was telling me a different thing. Maybe the police was still there? Maybe he was there.

My mind was hazed with that man staring at me, I stared at him back until he looked away but for those brief moments we were connected in someway that i have never been with someone before. His eyes were the most warmest brown that even in the coldest of winter i could fins myself a comfort in them like none other that i have experienced. But it was strange why i felt this way about a man that just stared at me for mere seconds until he looked away when he noticed i was walking to them.

I took a deep breath in as my feet stopped as I looked at the entrance of the market. I saw lily jumping in puddles on the street and Lucille being questioned by police officers, I quickened my pace forwards to get to Lucille and Lily faster before the police officers walked away. 

"Officers, I haven't seen him and i don't know him" I heard Lucille's tone raise

"I know, but Mam, we are just trying to make these streets safe for your daughter and the other gypsy folk we don't want more blood on our streets." The officer replied kindly

"Excuse me officer!" I exclaimed catching his attention "I need to talk to Detective Inspector Lestrade immediately"

"Sure, Mam" He replied with a smile " Is it an emergency?"

" I have to inquiring about two gentlemen he was talking with yesterday a Mr Sherlock Holmes and a Dr. John Watson" I explained 

"Yes he is over at the other end of the markets if you cant reach him in time go to Scotland Yard" He replied with a humble smile 

"Thank You officer have a nice day" I smiled back and walked away, Lucille and Lily were walking right behind me 

I looked behind me to see Lucille face strucked with sadness "The murders are getting worse, we need to leave the city, it will be the best for lily" Lucille added 

"I understand if you do, but I will have to leave to" My smile dropped as I looked back at Lily "Maybe Mr. Holmes can help us" 

"Yes I pray, we will leave you to deal with your daily routine" She sighed in sadness " We will be here if you need us" 

I heard her footsteps stop as i walked one to the other end of the market to see Detective Inspector Lestrade conversing with some young officers. 

"Detective Inspector Lestrade?" I exclaimed 

"Yes, Mam" He replied looking at the ground, until his eyes met mine "Have we met? 

"Yesterday morning sir with Mr Holmes and Dr Watson" I informed him 

"Ahh yes" He smiled remembering yesterdays events " Is there something i can help you with?"

"Where do Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson reside?" I asked politely 

"What for, Mam?" He replied puzzled

"I need to talk to Mr. Holmes about a certain problem of mine, that I think that i could help him with the crime scene maybe even help you Detective inspector" I smiled, hoping that he would tell me 

"Umm, the address is 221b Baker Street, I don't think he will approve of a women helping us but give it a shot, I won't stop you" He replied carefully "Just be careful there line of work is dangerous"

Dangerous, the word hit me in an instant and made a smile creep up into the corners of my face. "Thank you Detective Inspector" I smiled " Have a great day" 

I ran straight out of the markets and off to find Baker Street. I know the street of London like the back of my hand. Watch out Mr. Holmes I am coming.