Chapter 2

"I love sweet Cole. Yes, he's my boy and

 I'm his little doll, his favorite toy."

Chapter Two

Beep Beep Beep

Urge! Damn alarm clock. I hit the snooze button, after all that extra five minutes of sleep did really count, well at least that was my argument when I was late.

I was quietly drifting back off to sleep when there was a knock at my door,

“Scarlett!  Get up this instant!” my mother shouted from the other side of the door.

Weird, she was home this morning.

She was hardly ever home, she was usually at her boyfriends house, and she had a lot of boyfriends. None of them ever came to our house though.

My real father left when I was five, I looked up to him, he was my hero, he could do nothing wrong. He said he would never leave me but he did, he left us for some blond bimbo who had absolutely no ambition in life and I haven’t heard from him since.

At that age I blamed my mother for everything that went wrong between them. After he left she never really loved me like she used too basically our relationship wasn’t the same. She was to busy with these guys every night she couldn’t see past them, I hardly ever saw her or met who ever she was sleeping with.

“I don’t hear you getting ready.” She shouted again.

I mumbled some curse words as I got out of bed; I was just not a morning person. I stumbled to the bathroom to shower really quickly. As soon as I got out I grabbed my best pair of skinny jeans and converse sneakers with a loose fit tee that showed a bit of cleavage. Taking one last look at the mirror, I made my way downstairs. My mother was nowhere in sight she must have left whilst I was in the shower.

I checked the clock and it read 7:45 am, damn! I was late; Kylie was going to kill me.

Kylie is my best friend and head cheerleader at our high school, we were so totally different from one another, she was perky and outgoing while I was friendly but more reserved. She listened to Beyonce and Chris Brown while I listened to Paramore and Thirty Seconds to Mars. She preferred high heels and I preferred sneakers, she wore make up and I didn’t.

See what I mean, there’s a pattern forming here. But we have known each other our entire lives, and we never let our differences get in the way of our relationship.

I arrived outside her house, she stayed a few doors away from mine, to fine her already waiting on the porch ready to dig my eyes out for being late. I have no idea why she insists riding with me if I’m always late, she has a car of her own.

“Scarlett! Do you realise the time?” she asked in frustration, this was an every morning thing, she kept rambling on an on, until I couldn’t take it already.

“Oh shut up already!” I said, rolling my eyes in a playful manner and turning up the volume on the radio to drown out her whining.

It only took about ten minutes to get to school, and we were there just in time.

“See made it just in time.” I said turning to her as I cut the engine off and smiled. And that was when she screamed bloody murder. I frowned at her she was just so dramatic.

“Calm down Kylie, what’s the matter?” I asked reassuringly.

“Oh. My. God. YOUR WRIST!” She managed to say in her barbie accent, like she had just seen the most fantastic shoes at the mall an they were half price.