Chapter 30

"Go ahead."

Chapter 30

Before I could do something about this believable sexy guy in front of me, and I do mean sexy. I forgot how hot he was. But before I could do something, like scream, but that would draw attention, or expose the terrified feeling I was feeling on my face, like it would look like I had just seen a ghost. Or a monster, the impossible. Before I could scream, or run or let out a sign of defeat two small arms wrapped around my leg.

I looked down and was met by two beautiful bright eyes.

Teagan.

I smiled down at her.

“Hey there munchkin.”

She made a gesture for me to lift her up, and I did and squeezed her into tight hug.

“I miss you Scar.” She said.

My attention was on her, but I could feel his eyes on me, and I did everything I could not too look up to him, to let our eyes meet and receive a chill from that cold hard ice blue stare he gave.

“I missed you too.”

She began playing with a strand of my wet hair.

“Why have you not come to visit me?” she asked sadly.

“Well, i… uh...” I began but was interrupted,

“She’s been busy Teagan; I have told you this before.” He said in a calm voice.

Teagan looked down, guilty.

I was surprised that he hadn’t told her that we split, I wonder why. Maybe it would have hurt her. I know that it hurt me because I have grown very fond of her, I practically thought of her as my little sister. If only things between Cole and I would have been simple. If things didn’t go sour, everything would be cool. But that was only wishful thinking.

For the first time since he came up to me I looked at him. He didn’t have a hard expression on his face, it softened when I looked at him, but that could be because Teagan was around.

I gave a gentle smile and turned back to Teagan, I pinched her cheek, “Yeah kiddo I’ve been busy.”

She looked a bit relieved hearing it from.

“Hey Scarlet! What’s taking you so long?”

I heard. Matt came up behind us.

Cole visibly stiffen and he scowled.

“I just ran into Teagan over her.” I said. Trying to get his attention away from Cole. But I failed, because they were glaring at each other.

“I thought I told you to…’ before Matt could finish his sentence I interjected.

“Matt, this is Teagan Cole’s little sister.”

Matt looked at me, then at Teagan.

He smiled at her, “Hey cutie.” He said.

“Hi” she said quietly.

“Oh look at the time, Scar lets go, we have stuff to do.” He said dryly. Not bothering to hide his distaste.

 I put Teagan down. Not wanting to cause a scene, or anger Matt.

“I’ll see you soon I told her.”

She nodded, and ran over to Cole who picked her up.

I stood there awarkdly, before Matt tugged on my arm.

“Uh bye...” I said shyly.

Looking at Cole one last time before getting pulled away from them.

“You don’t have to be so Rude you know, he wouldn’t have done anything with Teagan there.

“Matt snorted, and gave me a hard look. Before tugging me out of the burger place and towards the car.

I sighed; he was definitely going to be moody the whole night.

We drove home in silence, Matt would glance my way, and I could tell, by the way he was holding tightly onto the steering wheel, he was angry.

I let out a sigh; I knew Matt meant well, it wasn’t hard to figure out. I cared for him and him for me and we had a really close friendship. It was natural for us to protect the other, and with Cole I made a mistake. A mistake that has probably tainted me for life, but I was okay with that it made me stronger; at least I hope it made me stronger.  Now, I just felt as if Matt was paying more attention to me than normal, he was literally spending all his free time with me, at night he would stay over. It’s not that I minded, I don’t feel lonely when his around, but I’m sure he has other stuff to do. It’s as if I feel guilty for making him stick with me.

We got to my house and watched a movie, falling back into routine easily, I didn’t dare mention what happened with Cole this afternoon, and besides that I had a great day. I was finally taking steps to get over it.

I missed Teagan though and I only hope that I see her again, without Cole present, but I knew that wouldn’t be possible.

“Oh, before I forget, there was a letter that came for you; I left it on the kitchen counter.” Matt said nonchalantly.

I nodded, wondering who sends letters these days.

I got up to go to the kitchen; fair enough there was a letter. I open the envelope, and smiled when I saw a card. There was hearts drawn on the front cover, with crooked writing: TO SCAR! <3

LOVE TEAGAN.

Awe that’s so sweet of her, I opened to the card to see a drawing of Cole, Teagan, and myself, together holding hands and a ferries wheel on the side.

I smiled to myself I really did miss the kind.

I looked in the envelope to see if I missed anything and fair enough there was a small note, no drawings on it, it instead it had neat handwriting:

 Scarlett

Please meet me after practice on Thursday. I need to see you, to apologise face to face and get everything sorted out. I owe you. Please. Just so this one last favour for me please.

Love Cole.

I stared at the note for a while, Too stumped to move.

Could I meet him?

That was the question that was playing on my mind.

“Scar, what is taking so long?” Matt shouted from the lounge.

I quickly hid the card and note, composing myself, but it was still playing on my mind.

I made my way back to the lounge, giving a small smile to Matt who was grinning at me.

“Who was the letter from?” he asked.

I looked down guilty.

“Oh no one.” I said quickly, refusing to make eye contact.

He gave me a questioning look, but otherwise shrugged it off.

We watched a bit of TV, me not really interested in it. My mind was on that small note. Should I meet him?

It seemed harmless enough.

Right?