Chapter 17

Recap….

He kissed me goodnight and left.

A part of me was jumping for joy at the separation but a part of me (I don't know how big or small that part was) wanted him with me, that part made my heart ache with such intensity that I didn't know what to do anymore.

Just as I was about to drift off to sleep again, there was a knock on the door.

*******************

“What am I afraid of?”

Chapter 17

I opened the door and to my surprise, Lily was standing on my front porch like she owned it, she was wearing a micro mini skirt and a tight whit see through top that revealed her neon pink bra that left nothing up to imagination. She looked as if she just stepped out of a play boy magazine with the stripper high heels to prove it.

“Aren’t you going to invite me in.” she said in a bitchy tone.

“Oh. Yeah. Sure come in.” I said sarcastically as I stepped aside to let her in, as she walked past me I got a whiff of her extremely sweet perfume that made me want to gag. Up until this day I had no idea what Matt saw in her, besides the fact that she was “a great fuck” according to him.

“To what do I owe the pleasure?” I asked in a bored tone, as we sat down on the sofa.

“As you may have guessed, this is not a friendly visit.”

“Oh, really?” I asked rolling my eyes at her

She started, “I just came by to make something’s clear to you. I mean I like you, I have to like to, your Matts best friend, his golden girl…

But

Not anymore, as you may have noticed that you’ll have been drifting apart, heck, he doesn’t even notice you anymore.

You are just something that ‘used to be’.” She was looking at me as if I was a pest, that freaked her out as she said all this.

I would stand up to her, I could punch her in the face, something that I have been dying to do for a while now, but I just sat there, paralyzed as the truth of her words sunk in.

I just couldn’t bring myself to say something to my defence, it was as if all the fight I had in me melted away and left nothing, it was like I didn’t even care to save our friendship as Matt drifted away from my grasp, and I wasn’t going to hold him back any longer, he could have what he wanted. He could have this slut he cared for so deeply even if she was sleeping with the most of the guys in school.

“I see.” I nodded.

Lily had a smile of satisfaction on her plastic face, as if she had won the most precious prize, only I didn’t know we were in a race.

“I just came over here to make it clear.” She continued.” I’d hate to see him get upset if you try something ridiculous like begging him to reconsider.”

“Thanks for coming by Lily, you can exit the way you came in.” I said coldly

She smiled one last time before she left.

Matt

My Matt

The one person I cared for more than anything in the world, he was throwing me away for some bimbo.

I knew this was coming. I just didn’t accept it, I didn’t want to believe anyone who said our friendship wouldn’t last, but it was Matt and I, we were inseparable since the first day we ,et, he was there for me through everything, when I got hurt,  when my father walked out, when my heart got Broken for the first time. I used to cry in his arms every night when my father walked out and my mother turned her back on me. I was also always there for him, always making sure that he had me to count on.

Maybe it was just too much too soon, I couldn’t hold on to him if he didn’t t want me too, I was only holding him back, he didn’t need to deal with my problems,

I was giving up on Matt

Giving up on us

It seemed like the right thing to do.

******

I AM SUPER SORRY THIS TOOK LONG, it won’t happen again!

Thank you for reading.

Please vote and comment.

Thank you for reading