Chapter Seven

"Oh my! Ten days till Christmas Becca! Aren't you just so excited! We have so much to plan for!" Carol beams, jumping up and down at the grocery store.

Carol, Justin and Becca had all walked over to the super market to pick up supplies for Christmas about a week later. The cart had been filled with wrapping paper, stocking stuffers, and decorations for the Christmas tree. Hand in hand, Becca and Justin walk next to each other as Carol talks about all of the plans for Christmas.

"This Christmas, I'm most certainly excited for," Becca looks up and smiles at her best friend. It will be their reunion Christmas, their first Christmas together since eighth grade. Justin smiles back at her, "Me too."

Becca knew for sure she hadn't felt as excited for anything in a very long time. The last time she remembers being this excited for something was in the car, with her dad and her sister, driving to Disney World for the very first time. It was her dad's idea to take the long road just so he could see how happy she was for a longer period of time. Her sister, who had been sitting Shotgun, was allowed to play her music whenever she sat in the front seat, so they had spent the entire ride listening to tons and tons of her punk rock bands, which Becca had soon developed an interest in. Becca often looks back on this memory. She wonders what might have happened if her father had taken the short cut, as he made it out to be.

Becca and Justin split up from Carol, walking over towards the office supplies.

"So, when are you going to be starting school?" Justin asks her, as she loads a hand basket with school-related supplies.

"I'm thinking about starting early January. After Christmas. That way I have a little bit of time to prepare myself, you know?"

"So soon?" Justin watches Becca as she drops more things into her basket, staring at him.

She looks down to her feet, then back up at him, "I mean, yeah. I want to feel at least a little bit like a normal person, and school seems to be a big part of a normal person's everyday life."

"People are,"Justin pauses, taking in a deep breath, then slowly exhaling, "well, people are different from how they were before you left Becca. All of our friends seem like completely different people now. Especially now, in high school. Everything is always about drama nowadays."

"I'm willing to risk having to meet new people. Plus, you'll be there for me, won't you Justin?" She looks up into his sparkling brown eyes and smiles softly as he runs his hand through his blonde hair.

"Of course I will. I just don't want you getting hurt anymore. It already sucks that I wasn't able to be there for you when uh, your father died and stuff but, I promise that from now on, I will be here for you, no matter what happens."

Becca's smile widens, and she wraps her arms around him, squeezing him tightly, "Thank you so much," she whispers, just loud enough for only him to hear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Merry Christmas everyone!
My apologies for not updating in so long! I have been so busy with work and school, I never seem to have time for anything! I wanted to update before Christmas so that's part of the reason this chapter is super short. I've been kind of stuck towards where I want this story to go. I have some ideas but I'm not sure they will fit in with what's going to happen. I probably won't be able to update until mid-January. I give, once again, my apologies for this authors note being as long as it is. Happy Holidays!