Chapter Nine

Nothing was better than being able to dream in peace last night. More like this morning I guess. Justin and I never went out to breakfast, but instead, we both curled up into the warm blankets on my bed, watching tv. He fell asleep first, laying is head on my chest, leaving me to fall asleep shorty afterwards. I dreamt of nothing but fields of tulips and roses. There wasn't a sight of death. There were no cries. It was so peaceful.

Becca woke up with Justin cuddled up extremely close to her. His arm was gently pressed around her waist. There was no doubt that he was still sleeping. Becca ran her fingers through his long blonde hair, kissing the top of his head. He shifts, letting out a small groan into her chest. Justin's eyes flutter open with such grace, as he moves his head from her chest, more towards her face. He stares at her with the most perfect smile possible.

"I love you Becca," He softly says, pressing his lips slowly against her's. She hesitates slightly before kissing him back but he made it impossible for her not to. He pulled her in closer, wrapping both of his arms around her. As his lips departed from her's, Becca smiled at him.

"That was the most I've slept in a very, very long time," Justin whispered,

"I'm gla-"

Becca's bedroom door opens with a rush as Carol speeds into the room,"Becca! How late are you gonna sleep in? Breakfast is-,"She pauses as Justin forcefully removed Becca from his grasp, as if to pretend they hadn't been doing anything, to try and make it less awkward for Becca's aunt.

"Oh, Justin, I didn't know you were here. Am I interrupting anything?"

Justin shifts, "I was actually just leaving."

Becca frowns at the though of him leaving. She doesn't want him to leave. She feels empty even now, that she is no longer in the warmth of his arms. She is so new to the feelings she is having now. She doesn't understand them, nor does she truly know if she wants to.

"No it's alright. There's breakfast downstairs for when your both dressed." Carol told him.

Both Justin and Becca look down at themselves. Justin who had only been wearing a pair of boxes, blushed up, reaching for his shirt that had been tossed on the floor. Becca hadn't taken anything off last night, but she was more embarrassed for Justin who had stood just a bit ago, accidentally revealing his almost naked self.

Carol had left the room, closing the door, while Justin had been struggling to pull his shirt on. He sat down next to Becca, pulling her in for a kiss.

"I should get going soon," he mumbled. Becca's face fell as she sighed, obviously not wanting him to leave. He placed a kiss on her forehead, grasping ahold of her chilled hand and holding it in his.

"My sister has a game tonight," he began, rubbing her band with his thumb, "you should come with me."

She didn't even think about it for a second before nodding her head in agreement. She knew she probably shouldn't, but deep inside she wanted to spent as much time with Justin as possible.

"Who else will be there?" Becca asks him, standing from her bed and walking towards her closet.

"What do you mean?" Justin follows her as she grabs a black teeshirt from the rack.

"Will any of your friends be there? Because I don't think I'm ready for that."

"No of course not," he puts his arms around her, turning her to face him,"It'll just be us. And a bunch of hockey parents." Becca giggles.

"Do you think Avery will remember me? It's been a really long time," Becca heads towards the bathroom, Justin following close behind her. She pulled out her tooth brush, spreading a thick layer of toothpaste onto the top.

"I talk about you all of the time. Of course she'll remember you!"

Becca spits out the minty residue, turning to Justin. He leans in, pressing his lips against hers quickly before she shits the door to change.

When she finishes, she slowly opens her door to find Justin, still standing right outside, waiting patiently for her.

"You take way to long to get ready," he says, grabbing her hand and taking her downstairs.

In the kitchen, Carol prepares her glass of coffee. Becca and Justin both grabbed a plate full of waffles and bacon and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Morning Carol," Justin smiles at Becca's aunt when she glances towards their way.

"At least you made the right decision of getting dressed before coming to see me," Carol chuckles, glancing at Becca, who hadn't said a word.

"Becca, how'd you sleep?" She asks her.

Becca takes a moment to think about her answer. How did she really sleep? She remembers how peaceful it was to be in Justin's arms. She didn't have one of her usual nightmares, which she was extremely thankful for. She wonders why she didn't have a nightmare. Could it have been because of how close she was with Justin?

"Good, actually," Becca replies, taking a glimpse over at Justin who had reached for her hand underneath the table. With their fingers intertwined, both Justin and Becca continued their breakfast fairly quietly, making click glances at each other every chance they get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please excuse any grammar/spelling errors. I really wanted to get this chapter out quickly.

My birthday is on Thursday, I'm super excited! (: