Chapter 10~Try, try again~

*~Jack~*

I looked over at Elsa, she was picking at her food. Taking very small bites every now and then. Last night helped Elsa a lot, but I can tell that she is still very distant.

"Hey Elsa? " I leaned towards her, trying to make conversation.

"Yes Jack .." she didn't even look at me.

"Today we are going to continue helping you control your powers." I tried to keep my face straight but soft at the same time.

She wiped her mouth with a napkin "I think, I don't need that anymore..........I just need new gloves." She didn't look up from her lap.

I could feel a pain in my chest, but quickly decided that it would be best to help her "Where do these gloves come from? "

She shrugged "They can be made in one of two places...."

"Which are------" I put my hand in a circlular motion telling her to continue.

"Sprites. " she said non-shilontly.

"What type of sprites?"

"Fire or ice."

"I don't quite understand, what can they do?" My brow was furred.

She straightened her posture "Fire is naturally against ice, so they can make a resistant against it."

"And ice...." I motioned her to continue.

"They know how to conceal the powers. How to keep them under control." She was now looking down at her hands.

"Why didn't they teach you how to control your powers? " I was now really confused.

Elsa's shoulders slumped alittle bit "They told me that it cant be taught. That it could only be felt."

I put my hand over hers "I can show you how to feel."

Her head shot up, looking at me "You can....?"

I nodded. If my hunch was right my plan was going to work.

_______

We were now outside, also back to square one. Elsa was holding an ice staff, trying to balance.

"Com'on Elsa! You can do it. " I tried to encourage. I was now standing on my staff.

"I have had enough of this! " she yelled. I sighed expecting her to shatter the staff .

But what she did was unexpected, she created a stepstool out if ice. Helping her go up. They slowly disappeared once she sat down. She sat gracefully, with one leg over the other.

She looked at me, smiling "Now that I'm up here, what next?"

I smiled back, and slowly started to stand on my staff "Now try this."

She looked at me with wide eyes, before narrowing them. Excepting the challenge.

She put one hand behind her and one in front to grab the staff. She slowly started to stand. Her legs wobbled, she had both arms out. Trying to keep her balanced.

"I did it Jack! I'm standing." She pumped her fist in the air.

This caused her to loose her balance. The staff started to wobble and she did to. She started to fall forward, I don't know what took over me. I suddenly dashed forward, catching her in my arms. But her momentum caused us both to fall on the ground. With her on my chest.

I could feel her heart, and her gentle breaths.

"I'm so sorry Jack-i mean thank you for breaking my fall but-." She tried to get up.