Not Alone

"It's still numb." Barry's said looking at his ice burn while sitting on the medical bed.

"It's presenting itself like third degree frostbite." Angela said shoving her hands in the front pocket of the huge S.T.A.R. labs sweatshirt. When Barry dropped her off, Angela went to look for something to put on since she wasn't comfortable wearing that pink dress for any longer. Sadly the only clothes were S.T.A.R. Labs attire and the only sizes left were extra large, so the normally sized petite small girl was wearing clothes four times her size.

"I thought he had hyper healing." Felicity said trying to stay serious after she looked over at Angela.

"It's been slowed," Caitlin started, "if your cells weren't regenerating at the rate they are, your blood vessels would have frozen solid-"

"And the nerve damage would have been permanent. Your lucky to be alive." Angela finished.

"Snart wasn't another meta-human." Barry said getting up from the medical bed, "He has some kind of gun. It froze things, slowed me down enough that I wasn't able to save someone."

"According to his record, Snart didn't even bother to finish high school, so how did he build a handheld high tech snow machine?" Felicity asked.

"S.T.A.R. Labs built to cold gun." Dr. Wells said looking totally pissed off.

"Dr. Wells and Caitlin had nothing to do with this, Angela didn't even know about it. I built the gun." Cisco said sadly.

"You did?" Barry asked looking at Cisco with the face of betrayal, "Why?"

"Because speed and cold are opposites. Temperature is measured by how quickly the atoms of something serious oscillating. The faster they are the hotter it is, and when things are cold they're slower on the atomic level. When there's no movement at all, it's called-" Cisco explained.

"Absolute zero." Barry interrupted still looking betrayed.

"Yeah," Cisco said sadly, "I designed a compact cryo engine to achieve absolute zero. I built it to stop you."

Angela was too caught up in this situation to even realize that her head was beginning to ache again.

"I-I-I didn't know who you were then Barry," Cisco stuttered quickly, "I mean, what if you turned out to be some psycho, like Mardon or Nimbus?"

"But I didn't. Did I?" Barry said raising his voice making Angela flinch.

"We built this entire structure you're standing in to do good, and it blew up," Caitlin said while Barry sighed in frustration, "in the wake of that you can understand what Cisco would want to be prepared for the worst."

"I can understand that, but what I can't understand is why you didn't tell me what you did. I mean after all we've been through, I thought you trusted me. I thought we were friends." Barry said raising his voice in frustration.

"We are Barry." Cisco said stepping towards him.

"I mean if you would have just told me, I could have been prepared. But instead someone died tonight." Barry said taking a step back.

Cisco drew a shaky breath.

"And I have to live with that."

"No Cisco, we all do." Barry said before leaving the cortex.

Angela let out a long sigh as she massaged her forehead and made her way out of the cortex in pursuit of Barry.

--