Waiting

Angela crept up to the to the door to one of the side lab rooms of the Cortex. She knew she subconsciously that she shouldn't be listening in on a conversation she was not invited to, but she couldn't help herself. 

"Why do I feel like I just got called into the principal's office?" She heard Barry said from the other side of the door.

"Starling City vigilante." Angela heard Joe's voice respond to Barry. Angela wondered why Joe sounded so weird when he mentioned Oliver's vigilante name. The it hit her, if Felicity was here in Central City with Arrow business, then that must mean he was in town!

"He calls himself The Arrow now." Barry corrected Joe.

"Oh, does he Flash?" Joe asked sarcastically.

"Wait, what's the problem?" Barry asked, confusion laced in his voice.

"We don't trust him." She heard Dr. Wells voice speak up. Angela's face scrunched up in disagreement, her brother was most definitely trustworthy.

"You guys don't even know him." Barry defended Oliver's vigilante identity.

"I know that he was wanted for murder in at least 12 different cases dating back three years." Joe responded smoothly.

"I know there's been at least two major terrorist attacks in Starling since he became active." Dr. Wells added. Angela knew they had a valid point but she knew Oliver personally and he wasn't the man that Joe and Dr. Wells were claiming he is.

"All right, but the cops there are cool with him now. He doesn't kill people anymore." Barry defended again making Angela nod to herself. Oliver vowed never to kill anymore.

"And what about all the criminals that he put arrows through? Those, what, don't count?"

"He's a hero, Joe."

"You're a hero, Barry," Dr. Wells explained, "You offer protection, hope, light. What that man does is carry out a dark reckoning for his city. It is a brutal, violent vision of justice, one we do not share. You truly think he's a hero, fine, so be it. But he's not the kind you should be looking up to."

Angela totally disagreed. They had no clue what Oliver had been through. No one really had any clue what her brother went through. Sure Angela didn't always agree with his methods but she knew the kind of person he was. She knew he was not a villain.

All of a sudden loud crashing and Caitlin's screams filled Angela's ears. She ran as fast as she could to see what was going on and to not be caught listening in on the conversation. As she entered the Cortex she saw Caitlin running around trying to not get hit by the boomerang that Felicity had brought. Angela was caught off guard and saw the boomerang coming straight after her head on.

In an instant she felt warm hands take hold of her and pull her out of the way just before it hit her. The boomerang finally stopped when it got stuck in the wall. Angela let out a breath that she didn't even realize she was holding and looked up to see that Barry had moved her out of the way. Her cheeks began to burn noticing how close they were to each other.

"Thanks." She breathed out still not registering what had just happened.

"Anytime." He said removing his hands from her sides, she felt the loss of warmth where his hands were previously placed.

"Aah! That's my bad. That's on me." Cisco said pointing to himself guiltily. There was a pause, before Joe broke the silence

"I want that Arrow out of my city, Tonight."

--

Angela was packing up her stuff and getting ready to leave for home when Felicity came up to her looking like she was on her way out as well.

"Hey, you know must he's in town right?" Felicity said with a sympathetic smile knowing Angela would know exactly who this 'he' was.

"I figured." Angela replied not making eye contact, " I've been meaning to call him, but something always stopps me. I don't know, I'm probably being dramatic but I feel like the worst sister ever. I'm better off keeping my distance so he doesn't have to worry about me."

"But you see Ange it's the exact opposite. He's been worried sick, when I went back home from my last visit here and told him that I saw you, It took everything in him not to jump on the train and come and see you. You're not the worst sister ever, your just a sister who needs to see her brother. And you're lucky your bother has been this patient with you, waiting for you to come to him when you were ready. " Felicity said wrapping her arms around Angela in a warm hug.

"I don't know Lyss..." Angela said leaning into Felicity's embrace, "I just haven't felt ready to face him yet I guess."

"Oliver loves you Ange, he's been waiting for you with open arms, just waiting for you to embrace them." Angela sighed as Felicity pulled out of their hug, "Sleep on it, Ollie and I will be at Jitters tomorrow morning if you decide to come."

After Felicity left Angela pulled her bag over her shoulder and started to make her way out of STAR Labs. Breakfast with Ollie and Felicity and then lunch with Finn on top of that? What was next, dinner with Dr. Wells. Angela shook her head at the thought of that. Yes she would definitely sleep on that, and hopefully it wouldn't keep her up too late.

--

Yooooo this girl is finally getting her life together!!!!

haha it took me long enough to update this story, sorry it shorter then my other chapters but I just wanted to post something!!!

If you read my AN before this chapter you saw that I wasn't in a good mental state.

I'm still not 100% but I'm getting there.

I actually took a few months away from fanfiction in general but now I'm back!

I didn't realize how much I missed writing fanfiction :')))

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I'm soooo excited to write this reunion between Ollie and Angie ahhhhhh !!!

Feedback is always appreciated <3333

All the Love

~Mags