All Too Familiar

Angela walked into the cortex rubbing her temples, she didn't get the sleep she needed the night before.

She placed her bag down on her chair and as she looked up she saw that there was someone new in the cortex.

"Hi." Angela said slowly as she saw this new woman slowly put gloves on.

"You were in Central City ten months ago." Dr. Wells continued as if Angela hadn't interrupted.

"I had just returned from Afghanistan. I was there defusing roadside bombs and Shrapnel ripped through me. I was flown back state side, spent months at the base recuperating and next thing I know, I became the thing that almost killed me and Eiling's favorite, new lab rat." the woman said.

Now Angela was really confused.

"The dark matter must have combined with the bomb particulate inside your body." Caitlin deduced.

"I thought Eiling did this to me." the woman said confused.

"Eiling is not smart enough to create someone like you. Clever enough to see your value." Wells replied.

"Do you know of any others who were changed?"

"There've been a few." Caitlin shrugged.

"But no one that looks like you." Cisco said without thinking making Angela sigh with an amused smile, "I'm sorry. That was inappropriate." he chuckled nervously, "Please don't leave."

"Hi you must be Bette Sans Souci?" Angela smiled approaching the said woman.

She got a hesitant nod in reply.

"I'm Angela, its nice to meet you." Angela's attention turned to Cisco, "And weren't you supposed to call me if something happened?"

Cisco gave her a sheepish smile but all he got in return was a raised eyebrow.

--

"So this is your life now, huh? Testing people like me?" Bette asked as Caitlin put on medical gloves and Angela stood beside her.

"Stopping people like you." Angela replied, "It's not what I thought I'd be doing." Caitlin nodded.

"Actually, aside from Barry, you're the first meta-human that we've tested." Caitlin added.

"Meta-human?"

"It's just a term."

Angela inspected the fellow ginger woman and noticed her shoulder was bleeding.

"Oh, my God, what happened? Why didn't you say that you were shot?" Angela said shocked putting on medical gloves of her own. 

"It just grazed me." Bette shrugged as Angela examined it.

"There's something in there." She said to Caitlin who grabbed a pair of tweezers and pull what was in the gash out.

"A tracker." Bette realized.

"Lock down the pipeline. Get Bette out of here, I'll take care of Eiling." Wells ordered, "Angela, come with me."

Angela followed the man in the wheelchair down the hallways until they approached someone Angela never wanted to see again.

General Eiling.

"Harrison Wells. How the mighty have fallen." 

Just hearing his voice once again made her freeze.

"General." Wells replied as Eiling soldiers passed by them.

"S.T.A.R. Labs, this place used to be so important. Tell me, what does one do after such a spectacular, public failure?"