Successful Escape

"He runs slow even for a normal person." Cisco said before Angela lightly hit the backside of his head as Barry stopped running on the treadmill.

"You can't just lose your powers, okay? Your DNA was transformed by the particle accelerator blast." Caitlin explained.

"There's no way to un-transform DNA." Angela tried to reassure him with a smile.

"Yeah, tell that to the uber driver who charged me 65 bucks to take me here. I had to tell her I was coming from a cosplay party." Barry panted and sat down on the edge of the treadmill.

"So we were wrong." Dr. Wells concluded, "This metahuman doesn't electrocute people; he siphons electricity, thereby removing your power."

"All right, do we think this is temporary or-" Barry cut himself off before saying what he didn't want to believe.

"We have to run tests." Dr. Wells bluntly replied.

"I've got to warn Joe." Barry said getting up.

"Barry, we will find a way to restore your speed. I promise you that." Dr. Wells said seriously.

"I guess I'll cancel my date then-" Angela said almost excitedly.

"No no!" Caitlin cut Angela off, "We got this, go enjoy your date."

"Are you sure?"

"Very sure." Caitlin pressed with a smile.

"Positive?" Angela asked hoping to find a way out of this date.

"Positive, now go!"

Angela sighed and mustered up a smile before following Barry on their way to the precinct.

--

Angela sat on the edge on Barry's desk as Joe stared at Barry in disbelief.

Then Joe suddenly threw Barry's mug onto the floor causing Angela to flinch at the sound.

The sound of shattering glass brought a memory to resurface but she snapped out of at as soon as she heard Barry's reaction.

"I loved that mug." He said sadly, "And what part of 'a metahuman stole my speed' didn't you understand?"

"Barry, there's no part of anything you can do that I ever understand." Joe sighed in response, "What does Dr. Wells say?"

"He's working on it." Angela replied.

"Barry, you have to get your speed back. People in this city need protecting, and if you don't get your speed, how the hell are we gonna keep them safe?"

"Joe, the meta who stole my speed, he burned up the body we saw in the alley today. You need to tell the police not to confront him. He's dangerous."

"Who's dangerous?" Iris asked as she entered Barry's lab make the three of them jump.

"No one, just some thief." Joe covered up.

"Well, criminals better watch out. Cops in Central City are the best there are, and if you can't protect this city, dad, I know The Flash will." Iris explained with a smile.

"What if he can't? What if he's gone?" Barry asked.

"Gone?" Iris asked confused.

"Yeah, or maybe he's just done, or maybe it's like whatever he could do before, he can't do anymore." Barry stated confusing Iris.

"Barry? Don't you have someplace to be?" Joe asked patting his shoulder.

"Yeah, going." Barry said getting up and moving towards the door of the lab.