Cowardice

Angela had thought about it all night long and she had still yet to make a final decision as to if she was going to meet up with Felicity and Ollie at Jitters. 

Yet she found herself walking in the direction towards Jitters the next morning.  

As she got closer to the destination that she didn't really know if she ever wanted to arrive there, she realized she had absolutely no clue what she would say to Oliver. What does one say to their brother who they haven't had any contact with in over a year?

As Jitters came into her sight, she pulled her hood over her head. She had decided that if she didn't have the guts to talk to him once she entered Jitters that she would be able to see him at the very least. 

As she made her way into Jitters, she kept her head down and went to the counter to order her drink. As she waited for it she strategically peaked up from her hood and looked around Jitters to find Barry, Iris, Felicity, and Oliver over by a table.

Iris and Barry began to walk away and Angela quickly ducked so she wouldn't be seen. This made her sigh internally. She was really hiding from people she considered to be her family. 

Angela picked up her drink and peaked up again from her hood to see Felicity and Oliver still talking. She had decided that she wasn't ready to talk to her big brother just yet. 

She really wanted to figure out what she would say to him before approaching him. She ducked her head down and started to make her way out of the cafe. 

She squeaked in surprise as she stumbled over a chair that hadn't been pushed back into the table. As she scrambled to catch her balance and prevent her drink fro spilling her hood fell back from covering her face. In her panicked state she made eye contact with 4 people. 

First being Iris who gave her a silly smile obviously amused by her clumsiness. 

Second being Barry, who raised his eyebrow and smirked at her, obviously amused by the scene as well. 

Third being Felicity, Smiling in triumph obviously because Angela had actually come.

And lastly was Oliver.

Angela looked at him long enough to see that he hadn't changed very much since she had last seen him in person. The look on his face made her heart squeeze as he began to take a step in her direction.

But that one step made her turn around and hastily make her way out of Jitters. 

Part of her regretted that decision, but she continued to make her way as far away from Jitters as possible. 

She told herself if she had stayed any longer she would have been late for work.

--

Angela found herself at the promised lunch with Finn just a few hours later. He was all giddy and happy, talking about work, talking about his Glee club, and Angela was only half listening. 

She was consuming herself in her own self pity, regret, and embarrassment. How could she just run away from her Ollie like that? How could she be such a coward? 

She was asking herself if she could ever catch a break with this constant inner turmoil that seems to constantly loom over her. 

"-What do you think An'?" 

Angela was pulled from her thoughts as she realized that Finn was asking her something, and she didn't know what she was answering. 

"Sorry what?"

"I was asking if you wanted to make this a regular thing, what do you think?" Finn repeated himself. 

"Oh, um-" Angela stuttered in her response.

"Are you okay An'? You seem very focused on something, and it looks to me like it's really bothering you." Finn said resting his elbows on the table they were sitting at and looking at her intently. 

"Yeah, I mean I guess I've just got a lot going on up here right now." Angela responded with a sigh gesturing to her head. 

"Well if you need someone to confide in, I'm all ears."

Angela looked at the man sitting across from her and saw that his complete attention was on her. 

"I don't wanna dump my life problems on you." Angela shrugged her shoulders. 

"Hey, I'm here for you An', any thing you need I'll give it to you. If you just need someone to listen or just be there, I'm your guy." He said with a breath taking smile. 

Angela's cheeks suddenly felt warm after listening to him sweetly talking to her and looking at that sweet grin of his. 

"Well, I guess I might as well take you up on that offer of listening." Angela caved looking down at her palms placed in her lap, "You see, one of my close relatives is in town and I haven't seen them in forever and I really miss them."

"Well why don't you go see them? Problem solved!" Finn said.

"Well you see I'm kinda the reason for not seeing them in forever, and I don't really know how to confront them after knowing that it's all my fault we haven't been in contact. Like I don't even know what to say to them." Angela explained.

"Well I don't know if this will help but sometimes with family no words are really needed, all you need is reassurance that they're there. That's all that really matters." 

Angela really took his words to heart and gave him a timid smile. 

"You must be really close with your family."

"Yeah, but its really just me and my Pops. The 'Dynamic Duo' I like to call us," Finn chuckled, "How 'bout your parents?"

Angela thought of her mother, Joe, Robert, and Moria and smiled sadly and looked at her watch.

"That's a story for another day, I should get going." Angela said standing up and swinging her purse over her shoulder, "Thank you for lunch, as long as it works with our schedules I'd love to do this again when I'm not otherwise so preoccupied mentally." Finn stood up as well with a wide grin.

"It was my pleasure, and yes of course. I'll always make the time for you An'." Angela's cheeks became warm once again before waving her goodbye and leaving the restaurant. 

This guy was slowly starting to grow on her.

--

Hey guys! 

Here's a quick update!

Sorry for any grammatical errors I'm too lazy to triple check for them haha

I just really wanted to post a chapter so here it is!!!

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~Mags