Chapter 1: The Night I Don't Wanna Remember..

"Daddy, please, just let me go!! It's my birthday and everyone's going!" I whined standing in my father's study with my straight A report card in my hands. I loved my father dearly, but he never let me have a ounce of freedom or room to breathe. A future Luna shouldn't do this, a future Luna shouldn't do that. Blah, blah, blah! Yack, yack, yack!

"I don't know princess, I heard there's going to be some wolves from our rival pack there." He pointed out looking over the rim of his glasses. I stomped my foot and flopped down into the plush arm chair on the opposite of his desk pouting. He'd already seen the straight A's on my report card; the exact ones I'd promised him last month when we'd first discussed the party.

"That's not even fair! Jason's going and he's gonna be beta!" I complained. Jason was my only cousin and it upset me that he was always able to do things my father wouldn't allow me to do. His father was the current Beta, also my dads brother, but somehow Jason rules had never been nearly as strict as mine.

"Future Luna's should be role models princess, not followers. It take's a lot to be a pack leader!" My father explained as I rolled my eyes. Here he goes again!

"Oh, let the girl go Adam. It's her 16th birthday!" My mom chuckled appearing in the doorway, beautiful as always.

"Yeah daddy, it's my birthday! Plus, even mommy thinks I should go!" I pitched in giving him my signature puppy dogs eyes, I even let a small whimper to escape just to pull his heart strings a bit.

"Alright, alright. But Addy, be careful. You're 16 now, and if I find out you were drinking or-" I cut him off in my excitement with a bear hug.

"I won't embarrass you daddy, I promise!" I smiled running upstairs to my room before he could change his mind. I pulled on a black tank and a black vest with skinny jeans, I was excited finally I got a little freedom! It took 16 years of course, but freedom was freedom!!!

"Addy?" My dads voice filled the air of my room as I turned around ready to leave.

"Hi daddy, is something wrong?" I smiled but he shook his head and handed me a set of car keys. "Your mother says it's best if you drive yourself since you got your license this morning."

I pulled my dad into a tight hug as I took the keys from his hands, I could see it was hurting him to let me grow up. I pulled back and smiled before heading down the steps. I was halfway to the door when my mother yelled my curfew was midnight. I slid into my father's black Mercedes and put it into drive right after texting my best friend Cassidy that my dad said I could go.

-

As I pulled up to the party I was immediately pulled into a hug by Jason, I frowned. He smelled like rotten...

Everything!

I yanked back and gave him a dirty look, he knew my dad would murder me if I came home smelling like a keg.

"Ada! You made it!" Cassidy smiled running up to me and grabbing me into a hug.

"Yeah, I still can't believe my dad agreed! I'm more shocked he didn't follow me here, but just in case I drove around the block a few times." I admitted. Cassidy shook her head and smiled at me before pulling me inside.

"You have to dance with me, I know you say you're not much of a dancer but please Ada? It's your birthday!" She smiled, it was impossible to resist her puppy eyes. Cassidy had spent years of her life perfecting them, and she did them like no other. I chuckled and allowed my best friend, well only friend, to pull me onto the dance floor.

"Come on birthday girl, shake it like you wanna break it!" She yelled and I couldn't help but laugh as I allowed my hips to sway. Suddenly something hit me, a scent. A strong scent at that.