Chapter 6: All Kinds Of Daddy Drama

I sat in my car parked in the driveway just breathing, thinking of what a coward i've been lately. I admit it, I haven't been home since I told my parents a few days ago. I know your disappointed in me right? Now im just another one of those girls who got pregnant and ran off because they couldn't face there problems right? Wrong! I can face my problems perfectly, I just... I cant face my father. Not after what he said, but my mother had called me crying. Begging me to come home after I told her I had been raped, and of course I came running back. My mother never cries. I knew she missed me and needed me, I couldn't be selfish. So I came home for her, she was my mother afterall.

I took my keys out the ignition and locked the car as I braved up the path to my house. It seemed darker somehow, not in a lighted sense but it just didnt look much like home. Before I could knock the door swung open and I was scooped up into Jasons arms. He'd always been my favorite cousin, a big brother of sorts. Even when he would tease me I loved him, because if anyone else did he'd knock them flat before I could even cry about it. I couldn't count the endless times Jason fought someone over me.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've killed him for you Addy, you're my cousin i'd do anything to protect you. I don't care if he could kill me." Jason mumbled into my shoulder. I pushed him off and smiled as I pulled a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I know you would, I was just ashamed... I felt like it was my fault. I-I still love him though Jason im sorry." I teared up as Jason wiped a stray tear from my eyes.

"It's not your fault, dont you ever think that. He's your mate Addy. Of course you still love him." He sighed grabbing my hand and guiding me into the house.

"Adalaid..." Uncle Blake sighed standing before pulling me onto his lap and burying me into him the way he did when I was little. Sometimes my dad got busy, or I just found it hard to tell him certain things, or I felt he just didnt understand me. Whenever that happened I would always go to Uncle Blake or my mom. He didn't need to say anything just him holdig me made me feel... Safe and understood. I didnt need anything more than that to help me relax alittle. "Avery, she's here."

The sound of my mothers heels on the florring wasn't hard to recognize. I'd grown up practically worshipping it. Her confidence, her spirit, her everything. My mother was strong, determined, and brilliant... She was practically perfect! Everything my father wished I could be, but of course I had to screw up in the biggest of ways and let him down.

"You don't ever do that again, you hear me?! Don't just run off like that Adalaid it's dangerous." My mother sniffled. Her hair was a mess and her eyes a bloody red as she shakingly placed a tray of lemonade on the coffee table. "I don't care if your having a baby, you are my baby and I have to protect you. I cant do that if you run from me!! Please dont ever run from me..." 

"Im ashamed. I let you all down and I just didnt wanna see the disappointment in your eyes." I admitted hugging my mother as she stroked my hair and held me close to her.

"It's not your fault... Baby you could never let me down. You've accomplished so much, you'll always be Adalaid. Your stronger than I ever was at your age and if your dad can't see that then..." My mother paused pulling me from her and looking towards my father's study. "Maybe I choose the wrong mate."

Silence filled the air thickingly and I could tell she was serious. I knew they'd been arguing about it while I was gone. I looked at my mother in disbelief, she couldn't do that! They were perfect together, yes my father was a jerk but he and my mother were made to be each others missing pieces and me... Well I was the finished product of their puzzle.

"Please dont ever say that mommy, daddy loves you and you love him... Right?" I asked looking at her as she nodded slowly and sat onto the couch. "Then don't ever doubt you mate. You should never do thAt, you might regret it."