Chapter 14: He Isn't Me

I stood in the middle of my room and looked over the sea of boxes that had been created. I smiled at myself and placed a hand over my swollen belly, everything I needed was packed up. The new house wasn't perfect, far from it actually, but it was better then nothing and ready to move into. I had packed my clothes, books, pictures, laptop, and all the small things I knew i'd need. It felt weird to know Ryan would be here soon to pick me up and take me to the new home, but at the same time it felt right.

"Hey, I'm gonna get going. I'll call you tonight before bed okay?" Cassidy smiled, her face still dull from the hysterical crying we had both just finished doing as we flipped over a few photo albums.

"Yeah, I love you Cass. I'll see you soon okay? I promise." I sighed hugging her, she hugged me back before vanishing. I flopped on my bed and remembered everything of the last few months, admittedly they had been a challenge for me and I knew it was only the beginning. I rubbed my belly and let out a loud sigh, it was a boy, and I still couldn't get over it but I knew now more then ever this mommy thing wasn't gonna be all lollipops and rainbows.

"So, the rumors are true." His voice shot through the room like a bullet from a gun, shocking me more then it should've really. I sat up and locked my eyes on him as his silhouette paced through my room towards me. I stared at him, he'd disappeared for 2 months, not a call/text/email/letter... nothing. But here he was, as visible as a elephant hiding behind a daisy, pacing through my room like he'd never left.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped trying to stand but failing because there's no way to look threatening when your 6 months pregnant, your belly gets in the way too much.

"There was a rumor going around that my girlfriend was moving in with her ex..." He frowned looking at me, his emotions blank as he stared me down. " I just had to see it for myself."

"Girlfriend?" I asked confused by the word. I struggled for a moment before wobbling to my feet and placing my hands on my hips, he had to be kidding right? There was no way in hell was I anywhere near his girlfriend.

"So i'm guessing that night was just bullshit to you huh?" He smiled looking at me as if I had left him and not the other way around.

"You disappeared Eric, you fucking left!" I whisper yelled all too aware of my Alpha dad and Beta uncle outside in the driveway fixing cars. "You always leave."

"I had something important to do Adalaid, I didn't just leave you." He frowned looking at me as if I had accused him of the worst crime in the world, I shook my head trying to ignore his words. I didn't need this right now, I couldn't let him pull me back in, not when everything was finally becoming good again.

"Why didn't you call then? You could've called me back at least once, even a fucking text would've meant the world to me!" I huffed looking away from him. His blue eyes were made perfectly for deception, his voice created to lie better then anyone ever could, and his heart was a cold cruel place I was sick of visiting. Even with a jacket it managed to freeze me over.

"I didn't use my head I just.. I expected you to wait for me, but obviously you can't be patient." HE huffed and I spun on my toes looking at him roughly, how dare he say that to me after all the chances i've been giving him. 

"You're not worth the wait, you've ruined my life enough as is I wasn't going to sit around and wait for you. I had enough of doing that." 

"You haven't had enough of doing Ryan obviously." He frowned. 

"Excuse you but me and Ryan haven't had sex okay? And I don't plan on us doing it for a long time, not that that's any of your damn business or anything." I admitted shaking my head, Eric was a idiot for even trying to assume something so stupid.