Where I am

"Where I am without you is no where" Lyric mumbled under her breath while listening to Skillet's song the last night. Lyric had been thinking about her dad a lot in the past two years. Lyric hated not knowing why she was taken from her parents when she was just ten. Her dad never hurt her but then again no one in her family did. Her foster sisters Jordan and Jewel didn't completely understand her situation but they did understand what it was like to not have a dad in their lives. Jordan and Jewel didn't have a dad for three years from when Jewel was 8 and Jordan 10 years old to when Jewel was 11 and Jordan was 13. Lyric didn't understand that pain but she did understand what it was like to miss someone like a dad.

Lyric was starting to feel like she had a family again when she had to switch families and say bye to Jordan Jewel and their family. She always knew that she would see her foster families again at some point in life. "I promise I'll come back and see you guys again" Lyric smiled sadly "You better little one"Jordan the oldest of the three children by being 18 Jewel being 15 and Lyric being 17. Lyric walked out side holding her bag and got in the car that was waiting for her. Lyric sighed looking out the window,"I wish I never had to leave them they really felt like family to me" "I know Lyric I know they did, I saw the hurt in your eyes when you had to leave" she just nodded. 

Lyric looked out at the new place she would be staying for probably the next few months. She didn't even want to leave her last family but she had no choice but to leave. Lyric got out and walked to the door with her bag,she knocked on the door seeing a nice looking couple answer the door. "Oh Lyric we have been waiting for you I'm Mae and this is my husband Ares" "Hello" Lyric said quietly. Mae stood off to the side and let her in thanking Lyric's social worker,who smiled one last time at Lyric before heading back to the car. 

Lyric walked inside waiting to be told where her room is since by the time she got there it was almost 11 at night. Mae told her where her room was and that's where she went and stayed for the rest of the night. Lyric was woke up at 6 in the morning by Ares for church"Lyric you need to get up we have church today" Lyric slowly crawled out of bed and put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. "Good morning Mae" Lyric said walking into the living room to wait for Ares so they could leave,"good morning Lyric,how did you sleep?" "Had better but I always have a hard time sleeping in a new house". Lyric looked up seeing Ares grab his keys so they could leave.