Chapter 4

Lauren's POV

Suddenly so much had changed. I was talking to the boy who caught my attention, although at first I assumed it would never be turn out to be anything more than just a dumb crush. The guys at my school were either complete jerks that only wanted one thing, or too involved with sports to pay attention to anything else. After running into Justin prior to my therapy session, I knew that it wasn't a simple coincidence.  We talked about our first encounter briefly before exchanging numbers and we've been texting for a week straight ever since. 

However, things were not as they seemed. It was awkward when our two groups of friends collided at school and we acted as if we knew nothing about each other. I should have known it was going to be that way, but that didn't make it hurt any less. 

"Quit staring into space fool," My friend, Dinah, snapped. She was always making me laugh with her sassy comments and practical jokes. "What's gotten into you?"

"N-Nothing," I stuttered, trying to hide the blush creeping upon my cheeks. "I'm fine."

"Well you look whipped girl. Are you sure there's no one I should know about?"

"Nope," I shrugged. "Hey can you come with me to get lunch?"

I couldn't help myself from thinking about Justin. Our consistent conversations kept me waiting at my phone for a reply, but it never took him long anyway. We were undeniably flirting and it killed  me that I couldn't tell anyone about it. I knew no one would believe me anyway. 

"Care to explain why you're guarding your phone like I would guard Beyonce tickets?" The younger girl questioned, still not convinced that I was acting normal. 

"Dinah I'm fine!" I reassured her. "Why wouldn't I be fine?"

She was starting to catch on and there was only so much I could do about it.

Justin's POV

"Bieber you are one lucky guy," One of my friends, Alex, chuckled. "Super lucky."

"Why?" I asked as Lauren's name popped up on my phone. I knew why I was lucky, but that wasn't the reason he was referring to. 

"Janice Rose really wants to get with you this weekend," He smirked. "Brenden is having a party and she's totally on board if you are."

"I don't know man," I shrugged. "I might be busy this weekend anyway. Why don't you try talking to her if you're so interested?"

"Justin are you insane?!" He spat out. "Janice is the hottest girl in the school and you're busy?!"

"Yep. Listen fellas, I got to get to class. I'll see you later."

Lauren and I had talked about meeting in one of the stairwells so that we could actually talk in person and avoid the urges of blurting out the truth to our friends. I don't think I ever ran that fast while I was in school, but I knew it was going to be well worth it. 

"You're late," She smiled. "I don't like it when guys are late."

"I'm sorry Lauren!" I screamed, running towards her to give her a quick hug. "How have you been?"

"Not too good," She sighed. "I can't stop thinking about you and my friends are starting to realize that there's someone new in my life that's making me so happy."

"We don't have to keep this a secret Lauren..." I whispered, lifting up her chin slowly to meet my gaze. "We could tell our friends."

"You know how that would go Jus," She chuckled. "Rocker outcast dates star of the championship winning basketball team."

"It doesn't matter what other people think," I replied. I didn't care about anyone else in that moment and it wouldn't matter to me if the whole world knew.

"But I kind of liking us being a secret," She admitted. "I like having something that no one can take away because they know nothing about it."

"I like where we are too," I agreed, feeling my heart race in my chest just looking at her. "I know we met kind of in a weird way and this all happened so fast, but I could already tell that I have feelings for you. It might be too soon to ask and that's ok....but will you be my girlfriend, Lauren?"

(A/N) :)