Chapter 6

Justin's POV

I began to realize that relationships were full of compromise, but that didn't make what was going on any easier. The truth is, I wanted to flaunt Lauren around the whole school so that everyone knew she was mine. I wanted to sneak up behind her to give her a hug while she was at her locker, hold her hand in the hallway, and drive around with the roof down on my car with her in the passenger seat. Nothing was making this easy, other than the fact that we could be together. 

"Lauren," I whispered while we both waited on line to buy lunch.

She spun around and gave me a sneaky smirk before returning to a conversation with her friend. Her emerald eyes only met mine for a second, but I was whipped. I couldn't take it being like this any longer and knew I had to do at least something to show who she was with that I wasn't an asshole, despite popular belief. 

"Woah," I gasped, trying my best to fake tripping over someone's foot as I held onto Lauren's waist for support. "I'm so sorry...I really am. Today is not my day. I'm Justin."

Somehow a little nostalgia made her crinkle her nose as she held in her laughter and nodded silently. It was so funny how the world saw us two complete strangers, but that could not have been any further from the truth.

"Lauren," She playfully shook her head. "Make sure you don't fall, Jus."

Shit.  Slip up already. 

"Justin," She corrected herself. 

I smiled before giving her a quick wave and turning around to leave. 

"What was that about?!" Her friend questioned a little too loudly as I walked away. I knew this was not the way she wanted someone to find out about us, so we played it off as a simple coincidence or mix up. 

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and grabbed it immediately, figuring it was from Lauren. 

Laur <3: That was too close lol

Me: Sorry about that babe...my fault. 

Laur <3: Don't be sorry :) See you tonight?

Me: Definitely. I can't wait. 

I put my phone back into my pocket and sauntered over to my table to hear the same predictable conversations we've been having since before I can remember. 

Things needed to change and Lauren was going to have to know about how I was feeling...tonight it had to happen. 

(A/N) Hello beautiful people! I wanted to give you guys a short update and say a belated Happy Holidays. Hope you have a Happy New Year and enjoyed this cliffhanger. See you in 2016 for new updates :)