Chapter 6

"Want to go get some ice cream" He asked with a slight grin.
"Hell yeah!" I yelled a little too loudly. And just like that we were back to normal.

*Charlottes P.O.V*

We got to the mall where the ice cream shop was as soon as I saw it I ran to it giggling like a child. I looked back at Adam who was laughing at my childishness so I just stuck my tough out at him. He chuckled to himself.

"Hurry up your sooooooo slow" I whined.
"Okay okay" he replied. But quickly added "race ya". Before I'd even processed what he'd said he has run off. That sneaky little—

"Hurry up your sooooooo slow" he says mocking my words and tone. Quick leg I ran after him. I must admit I am not exactly an athlete like him. I mean he is captain of the football team. I sighed and started to run out of breath.

"Tired?" He asked. He didn't even wait for a reply before picking me up and putting me over his shoulder like I weight nothing, which I certainly don't. "Noooooo, I'm too heavy" I said without even thinking. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping that I didn't just say that. Why did I have to think out loud? I don't want to sound like one of those girls just looking for compliments. He took a while to reply so I opened my eyes. All I could see was the bottom of his tight white shirt and his butt in his skinny jeans. That's a good but you know. I was ripped from my view (sadly).

"You are not too heavy, your the perfect weight and no way are you too heavy" he says. Smiling a genuine smile.
"Thank you" I smile, definetly blushing.

He grins before turning me around to face the ice cream place. I squealed and ran up to the counter where a girl around my age was working. She has blonde hair and the most beautiful blue eyes. I smiled but she didn't return it, weird. "What do you want?" She asked with a slightly rude tone.
"Uhm can I have Oreo please?" I say politely.
"I'll have the same" Adam says in a deep sexy voice behind me. Did I ever mention he has a sexy voice? Well he does... Wait what. Bad charlotte. You can't say that! He's the most popular guy in school and the biggest player, don't even think about that.

The girl tells us the price I grab my purse out of my bag but yet again Adam has beaten me. "No way are you paying again" I say angrily.
"Too late, go find us a seat" he smiles cheekily. I sigh in defeat and go to find a seat.

I sat down on one of the brightly coloured sofas. It's a bright ice cream shop in the centre of the mall, I liked it.

I looked over at Adam only to see he was back to his usual self. He was flirting with the girl on the counter and winking at her. Suddenly he got out a piece of paper and a pen. Probably giving her his number. She smiled and looked over at me and put on a smirk. Whatever. It's not like I care.

Before he walked over he sent yet another flirtatious wink to another girl who looked like she was having and ice cream with her boyfriend. Unbelievable. Does he have no shame?

"Your such a flirt" I stated with no emotion.
"Jealous?" He asked smirking a disgusting smirk.
"You wish" I said getting angry.
"Cmon you know you love me" he said but not as a joke, he was just smirking. I hate that smirk.

" I will never love you" I said - he's hot, I get it but he is a jerk and he always will be. How could I?
"Prove it." He replied simply.
"How can I do that?" I answered.
"Lets play a game..." He said and glint of determination in his eye.
"What type of game??" I asked my curiosity getting the better of me. I shouldn't have asked.
"The Love Game"

"And what is that?" I ask. I need to stop asking questions ugh.
"We pretended to date, hug, kiss, call each other before we go to bed and we make everyone believe we are dating"
I scoff, "Just sounds like another worst for you to try and get in my pants" I state.
"There are rules" he says as if that is going to make me agree.
"No getting in pants okay? I know you might not be able to handle yourself but I don't want your brother at my throat" he says as if am the one who can't handle myself. Me getting carried away with Adam Rivers? No thank you.

"Also you can't tell anyone that we are faking dating" he says. Are there anymore of these things. "Oh and no flirting with other people / going out on dates with other people" he says.
"That it?" I ask. What even is the point of this game?
"Whoever falls in love first loses" he says simply. Lose what though? As if he reads my mind he says "the person who wins gets blabbing rights, meaning they can tell everyone the story about how the other person is hopelessly in love with them."

I thought about it for a few moments. There's nothing I want more that to beat him at his 'game'. That would slap that stupid smirk off his face.
"Okay I'll do it" I say after a lot of thinking. He smirks. "But only if I can tell James." His smirk slowly fades but he knows that I'm not agreeing unless he agrees to my one condition.
"Okay whatever" he says slowly. He holds his hand out for me to shake. I shake it.

Oh it's on Westfeild

___________________________

AND THE LOVE GAME IS ON!

I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter! It's longer than any of my others so I hope you like it. Just incase it's unclear Adam's last name is Westfeild Also Charlottes last name is Carter :)

Thank you for reading, don't forget to vote and comment. Id love to hear your feedback.

Grace :) xox