>>Chapter 8<<

Ember's P.O.V

"Master Sergeant?" I asked, knocking on his door. "Sergeant White? Good to see you back, the team will be glad to see you." He said, hugging me. I handed him my papers and he looked through them. "Looks good. Get geared up, you got here just in time.for a mission. You good at recon?" He asked me and I smiled.

I walked to my units bunk area. I walked up to my bed, the bottom bunk. It had the magnetic letters that the unit bought for fun that spelled out "Serg". To my surprise it had somebodys shit on it. I took the shit and threw it on the floor, literally slammed it down. I was pissed. I hoped something broke. They couldn't say anything to me either because I was the sergeant and guess what? They weren't .

I put my pack down and hopped on my bed, sighing. "Who do you think you are?!" A girl in her 20's rushed in. This must be the replacement. I stood up and challenged her. "The real question is, Who the fuck! Do you think you are, Private Crawford." I said and she was so shocked that I knew her name.

"Regardless, who do you think you are?!" She still scared at me. I was done wth her ass. I felt something inside of me snap. "I'm YOUR fucking Sergeant! You put YOUR shit on my bed. Back the fuck up before I whip your ass back into shape! You fucking replacement!" I screamed at her and pushed her away from me.

She backed down. "Sorry, Sergeant." She whispered, not wanting to. "What. I. Fucking. Thought." I said and sat back down by the time the rest of the unit came in. "SERGEANT!!" Madison screamed at me with excitement and surprise.

She ran to me and I caught her. "Permission to ask?" She asked. "Permission granted." I said, already knowing what she was going to ask. "How come you weren't here a couple weeks back?" She asked with concern. "Something went wrong with the healing." Was all I said.

I saw Colton and he came over to hug me. It lasted for a long time and when he was hugging me, I looked at Private Crawford and saw jealousy in her eyes. So she stole my bed and now is trying to steal my man.

He broke the hug and suddenly kissed me. I closed my eyes and pushed back. After the kiss was over, I laughed and got my gear on. The Crawford girl just looked at me weird and picked up her shit from the floor.

I grabbed my dirty knife and touched the sides of the blade. There was still blood on it from the woman who I slit her throat. I shouldn't have done it but I ultimately don't regret it. Anger all drives us mad.

I rinsed the knife off and put it in my thigh strap. I grabbed my rifle. I still remember learning the Rifleman's Creed. This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is my own.

I walked back into the bunking room and everybody else had their on gear. "Alright team, so I heard this is a recon mission. Give me all the details." I said and pointed to Madison.

"We're locating a terrorist in a village where he's pretending to be a normal citizen, and getting information to see what he's doing because we have reason to believe that he is part of a drug cartel. He has a tattoo of a lighting bolt on his right cheek, very close to his eye." She said.

"Are we ready?" I said and we put our hands together. "1, 2, 3! MARINES!" We said and headed outside. We headed west with the sun beating down on our backs. "So Crawford, I think we got off on the wrong foot. Tell me about yourself." I said.

"Well I'm from California. I grew with a picture perfect life. Nothing to out of the ordinary, Sergeant." She said. "Can we have a round of applause for Private Crawford. I know it was hard for you to say it but you got through it." I said sarcastically and the team laughed. It was meant good natured.

"Permission to ask about you Serg?" She asked back. "Ah yes, well my dad is Master Sergeant White, my moms a doctor and I used to have s brother in this very same unit. And you know what? You were the winner to replace him. Way to go, don't let me down." I said as we continued waking the desert like land.

"I won't try to." She said and we all nodded in remembrance of my brother. "Anybody got some stories to pass the time?" I said, it was going to be a while til we got to the village. "I got one." Colton said.

"We were on our very first mission and I was so gitery, it wasn't even funny. It was actually a recon mission too, anybody else remember?" He asked us. "How could we forget?" Everyone but Crawford said.

"Alright, so we were torturing somebody who's done only God knows. I looked at him, blood running down his forehead and into his mouth while Julian continued to punch, cut, slap, and shoot his kneecaps. And I was surprised at myself because I could give two shits less about him. It's like I realized I was a different person that day. Then Julian saved me because somebody came up behind me and tried to catch me off guard. Julian saw and he snapped their neck and like nothing happened, he shot the dudes other kneecap. Blood splattered and I was glad he was in pain. Glad that he finally got a taste of his own medicine. But the real reason I'm telling you guys this, is that I'm wondering if you have ever felt that way..." He said and we all nodded our heads.

"Yeah, I feel ya Cole. I remember when Sergeant saved my ass from a sniper. I, like always, was talking my ass off but still on guard, you know? I didn't check the abandoned buildings windows but luckily she did. She pulled me out of the way and Serg being the sharpshooter, she took him out from a good 70 yards with one shot. Without her, I wouldn't be here." Madison said and I smiled recalling the moment.

"All in a day's work." I said and we arrived at the village a couple hours later while everybody continued their story's along the way.

~~~~~<~~~>~~~~

Emily here!

How you liked!

Stay Marine Green 🐊.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 🌲🌟

Or whatever you do 😂 - I'm not going to name them all, but have a happy new year too.

(A/N I won't be updating over Christmas break so... Yeah. But I will make longer chapters after that ✌🏼️👌🏼)