>>Chapter 15<<

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAYS FROM UNIT 101 !!

^ that was from forever ago ,

Ember's P.O.V

I reached for my greenpack as I woke up from a nightmare riddled sleep. I got up and rolled the blankets up and set them in my greenpack. I sighed and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I looked at the early morning sky to see the sun barely in the sky. I got up and started my trudge up the mountain. My team was behind me.

"Good morning, Sergeant." Hayes said from behind me. "Yeah, I guess it could be worse." I replied, thinking of how far we've come as a team. We've lost some, gained some. I wiped my hand across my forehead, gathering the already forming sweat. My legs were like jello and my brain was fogged.

"Alright, if all goes well and god be willing, we should be able to get in touch with base. From there, they should be able to locate us." I said, trying to come up a plan. When they pick us up, we'll have to tell them that we were ambushed and we failed the mission. I've never failed a mission as team leader up until now. I've never lost a member of my unit as team leader up until now.

I wanted to scream thinking of all the things I could have done better or changed to prevent this outcome. My foot caught on a line and suddenly I was strung up in a tree. I saw my team upside down. "I need a knife." I said in anguish. Somebody handed me a blade and I reached up, straining my stomach muscles, and cut the line that was attached to my foot. I fell to the ground on my back. The wind was knocked out of me and I struggled to breathe.

"Fuck!" I screamed. Nothing in my life is going right. "This trap was probably set by hunters," I huffed. "So, for now, be very watchful and hurry the fuck out of these damn mountains." I said as I got up and began to run.

The air was rushing so fast in and out of me, I began to feel light headed. I closed my eyes tightly and opened them back up as my dinner from last night quickly rushed up. We didn't have time to waste so I wiped my mouth and continued back to my running pace.

"You good, Serg?" Crawford said to me and I was too breathless to respond. I just nodded my head in response. We ran and ran and ran some more. "Okay team, stop here." I said as I suspected we had covered a good 2 miles in 8 minutes. This job was so physically grueling that sometimes I worked a normal desk job, one that you could leave at the office everyday at 5 o'clock.

That's not what Julian would have wanted. A small voice in my head said. I sighed, knowing it was right. I was exhausted and I slowly, ignoring my team as they looked at me for further instruction. They just followed me.

"God, I hate my fucking life." I said to myself. Then, a roar of a car buzzed through the forest. My brows knitted together in confusion as my team formed their assigned tactical positon. We prepared for any enemy that would show themselves to my team of elite United States Marines. They were not going to take us again, I would not allow it. They would have to kill us before we surrendered.

A army jeep appeared into my view.

"Now come on, Sergant White, did ya miss me?"

Staff Sergeant Michaels ?

"Daniel !" Madison screamed in joy.

_________---------______-

Short I know but I was kind of getting tired of the mountains (even tho I live in the mountain state (also where Ember is from) )

So how do we feel now that Daniel is back and I honestly don't know where we lost him so I'm going to have to re-read my chapters (partly why it's short also!)

Stay Green, Marine.